Can anyone help

Hey there all I have an 88 2dr and the throttle body is evidently going bad. Does any one out there know where I can get it rebuilt or some place that may sell a remanufactured one. I have a nissan mechanic working on the issue too but your input will be greatly appreciated. I can not believe there is no one out there that does not work on these. These truck are still way to popular. Well hope for some help have a great day. You can call me too at 502-640-1225 I am not able to check my email that often

Steve

Is it a 3.0?

the 3.0 and 2.4 used the same throttle body. anyway I usually grab whole ones from the JY for about 20 bucks. all mine are in pieces right now otherwise I'd offer u one.

well if the 3.0 and the 2.4 use the same TB than I have a source for cheap new TB stuff, not sure if they are the whole unit or not but will post a link, all you have to do is send them an E-mail requesting a price, including the part number, the guy's name is Norman, he is really good guy, just give him a few days to get back to you sometimes they are busy, generally prices are about 80% off of the MSRP

web site is http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/index.htm

direct link to the truck page with the TB parts is:

http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/truck1.htm

under the picture of the item it says "inventory status" just put your mouse pointer over that and it will tell you how many they have left

Edited by ahardb0dy

does anyone know if an 86,87 or 89 will fit my truck I have found some at JY but my truck is a 88 however all the trucks I have taken them off are 3.0 V6. Does anyone know of a place that may rebuild these for you cause nissan says they are non repairable my truck is a 3.0

Edited by masspilot2004

did you check out my links? The TB's on that site are all brand new and cheap, as an example I bought a brand new in the Nissan crate 5 speed tranny for my 90 sentra that listed for over $1500 and got it for $450 DELIVERED!!

did you check out my links? The TB's on that site are all brand new and cheap, as an example I bought a brand new in the Nissan crate 5 speed tranny for my 90 sentra that listed for over $1500 and got it for $450 DELIVERED!!

Damn. You got a Awesome Deal.

I bought my 91 pathfinders 5 speed tranny and tranfer case from them Brand new in crate for $900.00 shipped to my door about 3 years ago. Worked great still had all the factory nissan tags on it.

Those guys are awesome.

Mark

Edited by msavides

off topic sorry, Yes Norman is a good guy over there, I asked him about a "frequent buyer discount" and he said ok, so far from them I have bought (all for my 90 sentra), the 5 speed tranny, a distributor, the dual cooling fan unit (for an automatic trans the main fan is a BEAST!!), 4 seat cushions (2 bottoms 2 backs), 2 door panels and a new carpet. Currently looking at PF carpet trying to match a front and rear set. I see they still have the tranny/transfer case combo but only for the 4 cylinder trucks.

Hey guys I know norman I have bought a few thigs from him he is great could one of you guys who knows alot about these throttle bodies give me a call tomm I have a few questions and will not be near a comp. My number is 502-640-1225 thanks

Steve