Door chime...

Kyle94

so i finally found the door chime by the drivers left foot in the side panel there. i took it out disconnected thee annoying little bastard and put everything back in, (including the chime unconnected)... anyone have any objections to why i should reconnect it for any reason? besides the lights being on and the key in the ignition chime??

Edited by kyleky07

You shoulda asked about it first instead of suffering with it for a while :shrug: I know a fiew people coulda aimed you to that kickpanel a long time ago. I used to have a fiew 'extra' ones layin around...

You shoulda asked about it first instead of suffering with it for a while :shrug: I know a fiew people coulda aimed you to that kickpanel a long time ago. I used to have a fiew 'extra' ones layin around...

ya, kno, now that u say somethin, i dont know why i didnt ask it on here... :crazy: but yeah i found it anyway, so its not going to affect anything then.. thanks... :happy::blush:

I took mine out and wrapped it in electical tape, Its got a duller quiter & less high pitched sound to it now.

when I'm working with the door oppen I disconnect the door swich to shut it up.

I think there is a 1 wire plug going to the ignition switch if you drop the steering column cover. If you just remove this wire the chime won't sound when you have the key in the ignition but will still warn you about leaving your lights on.

I'm not positive because I haven't dug into the pathy yet but have done this on other imports.

James

That sucker has saved my butt a few times...I drive with my lights on a lot when other's don't...heheheh.

Thought about getting a unit from JC whitney that auto turns em on and off...

The first thing I did when I got my old Pathfinder, and this new one, is rip that mother #$!&er out. It's got to be the most annoying chiming sound of any vehicle next to little Hyundai cars. I don't mind door dingers, and they can be helpful, but the sound that ours makes is idiotic. "I'm gay, I'm gay, I'm gay..."

I want to try and find one that has a nice soft mellow sound to it, like the quieter GM trucks and install it. I only want it to warn me when I leave my headlights on as well.

Edited by Kingman