Rew Rims And 33's On My Q

EmptyV

So finally got my new wheels that I ordered waaaaay back in October and wrapped some serious rubber around them. Unlike some others, this required some major trimming and removal of the running-boards but I get ZERO rub at full lock in either direction. Thanks to Andrew (01silvapathy) for his great write-up. Here's a few pics of before & after AND with and without the running-boards.

BEFORE

DSCF1505.jpg

AFTER

DSCF3190.jpg

DSCF3193.jpg

DSCF3203.jpg

DSCF3217.jpg

DSCF3213.jpg

What had to be trimmer

DSCF3201.jpg

DSCF3199.jpg

DSCF3202.jpg

looks good. what size tire did you decide on? how come you didn't go with the AC coils so you wouldn't have to trim as much?

Thanks! I've got the OME coils and might switch over to the AC. I need a fender height from Andrew which will tell me if the AC does give a higher lift. I think regardless I'd have to trim the same as I'm guessing I'll only gain 1/4" - 1/2". The wheels are RBP 93R's 17x9's custom drilled and bored out and the tires are BFG TKO 285/70R17''s.

Billy

i see. SFD in your future? or no? that's quite a bit of tire considering you're running a full 1" more than 01silvapathy since he's running the stock 16" wheels. still looks good though. which brush guard is that? i like the regular bull bars or something similar to yours.

i see. SFD in your future? or no? that's quite a bit of tire considering you're running a full 1" more than 01silvapathy since he's running the stock 16" wheels. still looks good though. which brush guard is that? i like the regular bull bars or something similar to yours.

Possibly. Andrew's running a 285/75R16 which is 32.8" diameter and my 285/70R17's come out to 32.7". I think the brushguard is a nissan one minus the headlight cages.

Looks good, what lamps do you have on the roof basket? Vision X?

Those are the 8" LA Paz lights by Baja Designs out of San Diego.

nice, dude! How does it drive? Does it rub if you hit a dip going fast?

Thanks brutha! It drives great and since I changed out my MAF the same day I only see an increase in power and MPG. I had it aligned and dude even compensated for my body weight being the only passenger 95% of the time. I took it down to Irvine this weekend (90 miles) and it didn't rub at all, and that's the 405 all the way with speed bumps in parking lots. I'm going to test it at flex in the next few day. hopefully I wont need to change out to the AC springs or trim the fender flairs.

Billy

Sweet man! Glad to see another R50 on 33's :aok: The increased height and stance really sets the truck's mood and gives it a whole new look. What size spacers did you wind up going with, did you return the smaller ones and go with the 1.5in?

Edit: One more question are those wheels x8's?

Edited by 01silvapathy

Sweet man! Glad to see another R50 on 33's :aok: The increased height and stance really sets the truck's mood and gives it a whole new look. What size spacers did you wind up going with, did you return the smaller ones and go with the 1.5in?

Edit: One more question are those wheels x8's?

I stayed with the 1.5" spacers. I was going to put a stop on my original order but took your advice and stayed with the bigger ones. I'd like to put the same spacers on the back to even out the look but I know I'll end up rubbing the fender flairs. The wheels are 17x9 with a -12 offset and 4.5" of BS.

Billy

• Like 1

I stayed with the 1.5" spacers. I was going to put a stop on my original order but took your advice and stayed with the bigger ones. I'd like to put the same spacers on the back to even out the look but I know I'll end up rubbing the fender flairs. The wheels are 17x9 with a -12 offset and 4.5" of BS.

Billy

Just wait til you go flex, you will see that you just barely fit and flex in with the bs wheel you have now. If you add wheel spacers just imagine how bad the rubbing would be :chairfall:

Just wait til you go flex, you will see that you just barely fit and flex in with the bs wheel you have now. If you add wheel spacers just imagine how bad the rubbing would be :chairfall:

So do your front tires extend outside of the wheel wells?

Billy

Edited by EmptyV

So do your front tires extend outside of the wheel wells?

Billy

The top, as far as I remember does not. But the edges like around where the bumper is and halfway down the fender on the door side the tire starts to stick out. I will take better pics tomorrow along with take some fender measurements. Im in the process of moving out of my dorm and going back home, so I may have dropped a few cm with all my junk in the trunk :treadmill:

My next vehicle.....r50.

I like it w/the running boards personally, it connects both wheel wells better and they look very comfy and nice...

Do we have a convert?

That is real nice! :beer: I may have to break down one of these days and do some cutting...

Keep the side steps off - they get in the way. I wasn't sure at first myself, but I'll never put them back on. Hang some sliders on when you have a chance. They help protect you for sure, and will look good to boot. Mine have come in very handy.

That is real nice! :beer: I may have to break down one of these days and do some cutting...

Keep the side steps off - they get in the way. I wasn't sure at first myself, but I'll never put them back on. Hang some sliders on when you have a chance. They help protect you for sure, and will look good to boot. Mine have come in very handy.

Yeah sliders are my next step. The one's from rocky road sure are pricey but I like the design. Rugged Rocks has another non generic one that is much cheaper but requires welding. So pay $140 for the simple ones and have a friend weld them up or drop $409 on the supersliders and bolt them on.

Okay so my fender measurements are 37 and 3/4 inches pretty even front and rear.

Damn! Now I'm wondering if your fender flairs are different from mine. I've got a feeling they are. Regardless, I'm measuring 34.5" with 1" NX4 Spacers up front and 36" with 1" Rubber Mr Gasket spacers in the rear springs. Have you noticed any loss in spring retention since you installed them? I'm almost positive I'd benefit from swapping over to the AC springs. Great another $360 to shell out. I love how on 4x4 parts it says, "You must purchase aftermarket wheels with 3.75" negative backspace when installing this lift" :headwall:

Billy

Yeah sliders are my next step. The one's from rocky road sure are pricey but I like the design. Rugged Rocks has another non generic one that is much cheaper but requires welding. So pay $140 for the simple ones and have a friend weld them up or drop $409 on the supersliders and bolt them on.

Cost always has to be a factor. I went the Rocky Road route and am pleased for sure. send some pics when you get yours done - either way, it'll be cool.

Yeah man, well there is def a big difference between your springs and mine. I will go take more accurate tomorrow since I ran out in the rain today and quickly ran a tape measure down to measure the height. But look behind your fender flares and see if they can be trimmed at all, like if there is extra plastic coming down before where the metal for the fender starts. That can be where some of the difference is? Onto the sliders situation. I would not get those trail gear sliders, mainly because you dont have a legit frame to bolt them too. They are great for vehicles with frames my buddy has those sliders on his truck, but I imagine that they would be a PITA to mount without some custom made brackets. Look at fleurys build thread at the sliders he made. I would imagine that you could take his mounting idea with like a kinda sleve to fit around the "frame rail" that is under the R50 and weld the sliders to that, but I dont know if I would chance it. I plan on doing something similar this summer when I build sliders.

Edit- In terms of settling of the springs, im not too sure that I have noticed anything. Its hard to tell since I never took meaurements of the fenders right after the lift was installed, and I was on different tires at the time, and im on diff tires now, its really hard to see any difference, If I had measurements it would be alot easier to know :(

Edited by 01silvapathy