Adjusting Front End

Hey I just raised my tortion bars for a little 3 inch lift in the front now my wheels are wayyyy out of whack they look like this ---> / \ <----.

My question is how do I get them back to this ---> ! ! <---? without going to get them professionally done..

I gotta get tires yet and once I get the new tires I'll get it done properly.

Just wondering how I can adjust them myself for the time being..

Any help would be appreciated..

BTW its a 95 pathy 4 wheel drive

I'm a pretty good artist eh? LOL

Edited by Kingsizerob

Undo the 2 bolts holding the UCA to the frame and put shims or washers between the cross bar and the frame, all the alignment shop will do (if they know what they are doing).

I would align it first then get tires. Or your tires will start of with a bad wear pattern real quick.

get a Degree level and a flat bar that can span your rim...

the factory spec is -0.50* to 1.25* negitive being where you are now /--\ and postive being out \--/

stock height geometry moves negtive when you go up and down in the suspension.

Lifted geometries go positive when the wheel goes up and negetive when the wheel goes down.

Because of this I think you should say in the 0.0* to 0.75* range...

get it close and then have a shop check only because their rack is more acureate then go home an make ajustments as needed. once dialed in have a shop to toe and center only. And thats how I do it using a lifetime alignment and not letting anyone ajust the uca bolts but me.

BTW your gonna have trouble getting them |--| with stock UCA's and 3" lift.

Might I suggest you try 1.5-2" so you can run a leser number of washers and be safer?

there is also a factory spec on how many aligment shims (washers) and its 3/8" I'd worry if you used more than an 1/2"