2010 Nhl Playoff

maikan

So is there any NHL fan on this forum ?

We have a wild year in the NHL right now.

An incredible serie with the penguins that take down the

sens, wow what a fight the sens gave to the best team right now.

The coyotes are fighting like hell to force the game 7 in front of the detroit.

And the most incredible series, to me of course !

The Montreal Canadien, already given dead at the start of there fight,

who came back winning the two last game to force a do-or-die game 7,

in front of the :deadhorse: choking euh-euh-euh Washington Capital and the captain,

Alexander The Great Ovechoke. A team who was supposed to eat them in a sec.

If they win that one, history will be made ! :fireworx:

Edited by maikan

It's been a good playoff so far. Lots of interesting series.

I'd be careful what you say about Ovechkin, though, as you may have to eat your words. Let's be honest, short of Halak last night, the Habs had no business being in that hockey game. Ovechkin is the type of player that doesn't need much time, or space, or many chances to score, and he can do so in bunches.

Yaeh you are right about he Habs having no business in that series

but, knowing that, they are forcing a game 7 !!!

For the mediocre habs this regular season, just still playing is a victory,

and for the caps, still playing is a shame.

This is crazy in Quebec right now, people are cheering for

Halak the stone wall Slovak...

Looks like Price will probably be gone, unless somehow they can, or want, to sign both. But I think Price would be better suited to a team that doesn't play in a hockey hotbed like Montreal. He can't seem to handle the pressure, as shown by his actions toward the fans, and his stupid penalties in the last game he played.

Price, this kid is burned, he can't handle the pressure of irrational

Montreal attitude.

True Montreal is a tough place to be a youngster.

Speeking of hockey, are you a Sens fan ?.

They did go to war against the imperial Penguins.

Great battle!!

No, I'm not a Sens fan. While in these times, it's embarrassing to admit, I am a Leafs fan. Have been since I started watching hockey. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment! :lol:

It was a great series between the Pens and Sens. Another one that shouldn't have gone as far.

OHHHHHHH a leaf fan !

A Don Cherry student :thumbsdown:

No just kidding, Montreal VS Toronto rivalry is just epic.

Wonder why there is still leaf fans though... :scratchhead:

But I still wish for a Quebec hockey team. A name like Nordique

would be great !!

I like hockey, but never enough to search it out and watch it. If it is on (bar, friend's house, etc.)then I'll watch it. If I would have to pick a fav team it would be the Pens, even though I have a "home" team (Blue Jackets :rofl: ).

The only good thing I get out of it is some funny stuff over the scanner when the Pens win something... I try to avoid watching pro sports period.

Why's that? :scratchhead:

Better be watching that than learning a foreign language

or reading about newly discovered galaxy, or even meeting interesting people.

Personally, I would make it a law to pay all the professional players of all professional sports a regular/normal salary. This is why prof sports disgust me. Why is a hockey player more important than a doctor or a plumber ? I call BS.. You could save the whole planet (hunger, homeless) with just their existing salary.. Majority of people finds it's ok to give millions to a guy that can't even spell his name to push a puck but will call radio hotlines to show their fury when doctors go on strikes because they are underpay and work 20 hours shifts...

Hockey was good in the time of maurice richard, when the guy was moving his own furniture during the day and scores 5 goals at night for a mere 20 grand a year. Now what you see on the ice is multinationals managing their money..it just happens that they have gloves and skates on... :thumbsdown:

Ok...i'm done now... back to the program...sorry for the post hijack..

Personally, I would make it a law to pay all the professional players of all professional sports a regular/normal salary. This is why prof sports disgust me. Why is a hockey player more important than a doctor or a plumber ? I call BS.. You could save the whole planet (hunger, homeless) with just their existing salary.. Majority of people finds it's ok to give millions to a guy that can't even spell his name to push a puck but will call radio hotlines to show their fury when doctors go on strikes because they are underpay and work 20 hours shifts...

Hockey was good in the time of maurice richard, when the guy was moving his own furniture during the day and scores 5 goals at night for a mere 20 grand a year. Now what you see on the ice is multinationals managing their money..it just happens that they have gloves and skates on... :thumbsdown:

I see your point, however, I will simply say that the NHL (or any professional sports league) employs the 500-700 best IN THE WORLD at their trade. While we look at 82 games played in an NHL regular season, and say that it's a huge price, there's a lot more to it than that. These guys have a lifestyle that I in no way could follow, train tirelessly in the offseason, and during the season to stay at the top of their game.

I'm sure the top 500 or so doctors in the world make near millions per year, not to mention, can do so for 40 years, where the average NHL career only spans like 5 years.

I'll leave it at that even If I don't agree with you... Let's talk about it around a nice fire out on a trail. I'll pay the beer. ! :beer:

:beer: Sounds good Steve!

I totally agree, and to tell the truth the only time it reallybugs me is when they want either a tax to help pay for the team or the stadium, or some sort of tax break from the city. I figure they make the money on the backs of idiot fans, so it's all the fans fault for them making such high salaries and the venues costing $100+ a seat and the beer being $6 a bottle at the stadium/arena. Not to mention all the swag that fans waste money on. I think if more people refused to pay the outragous prices, teams would make less, and so would the players. But it comes back to the fans who are willing to pay the cost, that makes the teams able to pay the salaries.

:shrug:

Wow we have some great argument in here !

True they are paid far too much money for what they worth, but as long as the fan

are willing to pay, we can't blame it on player.

True too that the 500 best doctor, lawyer or architect are brobably paid

as much that 500 best NHL player.

But as Huxley and Juvenal the Romain said, Donnez leur du pain et des jeux (give them

bread and entertainement) and they will be quiet.

But damn it can be intoxicating, when Halak the Slovak wall shut the door to 50 shot !!

And give the victory in regular time!!

Boy, history (at least Habs history) will be made.

P.S. When looking for real hockey, the one where the cash is not important, look at

Olympic hockey, the greatests of all, going all out for the pride of the nation and the sports. (Sydney 's golden goal the greatest of all)

P.S. When looking for real hockey, the one where the cash is not important, look at

Olympic hockey, the greatests of all, going all out for the pride of the nation and the sports. (Sydney 's golden goal the greatest of all)

Agreed, those were some good games.

Looks like Price will probably be gone, unless somehow they can, or want, to sign both. But I think Price would be better suited to a team that doesn't play in a hockey hotbed like Montreal. He can't seem to handle the pressure, as shown by his actions toward the fans, and his stupid penalties in the last game he played.

?Price?

Price, this kid is burned, he can't handle the pressure of irrational

Montreal attitude.

True Montreal is a tough place to be a youngster.

Speeking of hockey, are you a Sens fan ?.

They did go to war against the imperial Penguins.

Great battle!!

Hey, i'm a die hard Habs fan but alot of those people that go see the games.... :crazy: