Cut Fenders To Fix Rust?

wolverine

wondering if anyone has pictures of cut fenders or body, not that im into that stuff. i have rust, and was thinking ill just cut up the fenders, and rock panels, and make some rock sliders. heres some pics, and if anyone has any advice let me know

4492657998_3b2398f0c0.jpg

4492657978_7ef3c1dff0.jpg

4492657990_ac2b53d042.jpg

thats the worst of it,

heres my nissans :new576:

4492728462_1569d371eb.jpg

If you cut it it will only make it worse. On there fenders there are 2 layers, and inside and an outside, when you cut them that high there will be a gap and both layers will be visible. Go to the wreckers and grab some new fender, you can get them for cheap. As for the rockers, with rust that bad they need to be cut off. But it also looks like the rust is above the rocker panel too. You are going to have to fix that before it gets really bad.

If you cut it it will only make it worse. On there fenders there are 2 layers, and inside and an outside, when you cut them that high there will be a gap and both layers will be visible.

Nope, outer fender is one panel. There is the inner fender, then a plastic filler between the 2, all seperate pieces. You'll see once you begin working on your's.

Ain't a whole lot of rocker left there it seems... I vote cut it the f off, make a "bottom" for it so t ain't wide open and build yourself a slider against it. As for the fenders, as GG said they are just an "outer skin" so to say. Easy to replace if getting some j/y replacements and you won't feel bad cutting the ones on it up for the time being since they are rusty now (they ain't gonna fix themselves, not gonna hurt them)

Ain't a whole lot of rocker left there it seems... I vote cut it the f off, make a "bottom" for it so t ain't wide open and build yourself a slider against it. As for the fenders, as GG said they are just an "outer skin" so to say. Easy to replace if getting some j/y replacements and you won't feel bad cutting the ones on it up for the time being since they are rusty now (they ain't gonna fix themselves, not gonna hurt them)

Nunya right...fiber glass fenders are ok but you have to leave the iner fender on...