Inspecting The Winter Damage Part 2

dhardison

Yep, cleaner than mine.

I don't see anything that leaps out in either thread.

Does it track straight and is the suspension tight?

B

It's tracking straight and the suspension seems tighter than any other 200k car or truck I've ever driven.

Then you have no worries other than someone like me stealing it...

:jk:

B

That's my biggest fear too. Worry about it more than the Z, it's pretty hard to steal chip coded new cars.

Got any thoughts on that rotted torsion bar dust boot in the first set of pics? It looks like the whole bar has to come out to replace it.

Agreed on all above. That's one of the cleanest rigs I've seen. *mine... I wish!!!* If it runs good and drives straight, just keep up with maintenance (and keep your eye peeled like this) and you should be good for a long time to come.

That's my biggest fear too. Worry about it more than the Z, it's pretty hard to steal chip coded new cars.

Got any thoughts on that rotted torsion bar dust boot in the first set of pics? It looks like the whole bar has to come out to replace it.

Oh, and yes, I believe you're right about that the whole tbar would have to come out, but as far as I know it shouldn't be a problem as-is. Unless you plan on replacing it (rust and such), I suppose. Anybody?

Oh, and yes, I believe you're right about that the whole tbar would have to come out, but as far as I know it shouldn't be a problem as-is. Unless you plan on replacing it (rust and such), I suppose. Anybody?

if you don't have the dust boots and you need to replace your t-bars you'll have to heat up the end and whack them off with the BFH, ask me how i know

I'd ignore it until you have to pull the T-bar for some reason like removing the LCA or tranny and replace them then. They obviously aren't rusing in place... ;)

B

Looks good under there :aok:

looks to me that the tbar needs re indexing judging by how the anchor is sitting all the way inside..itll be a good time to replace them boots too...my pathys tbar has been cranked halfway probably but the head on the bolt is still sticking out and i never re indexed it

Looks good under there :aok:

looks to me that the tbar needs re indexing judging by how the anchor is sitting all the way inside..itll be a good time to replace them boots too...my pathys tbar has been cranked halfway probably but the head on the bolt is still sticking out and i never re indexed it

Thanks, I've thought about re-indexing after reading about it in some forum posts. The trans was out for a rebuild at 168,000 before I bought it. The shop that did it has a good reputation in our area for transmissions but their focus was probably on the trans and removing and replacing the tbars was an afterthought.