3.3S

why3zx

sooo, after reading the write up on how painless the 3.3 install is on a 90-95 WD, the only thing that i can figure is that is really the only logical way to fix my leaking rear main seal :) so, question to those of you who know, how similar are the long blocks from the different applications of the 3.3?? been through the JYs around here and am not finding any frontier/x/pathfinders, however the quest/villagers are a dime a dozen, im thinking the long blocks should be the same? did they have different cam profiles or anything in the fwd applications? oil filter locations? i just cant think that the LB could be that different?

the 3.3 villager had the pistons machined more and yet a smaller cam than the already tiny cam found in the nissan 3.3 that's Fords way of "solving the problem" the end result is the engine breathes less and has 8.8 or 8.9 CR instead of 9:1

the Quest is all the same internals and I'm quite sure it is still interfereance.

The oil filter and acccesory locations I'm sure are all differant as well but may still fit with some custom pipe work and 6 guage electrical, or you could try and swap accesory mounts from your 3.0

I like that 3.3 is your solution to a RMS leak thumbsup.gif

yeah, so if my wife askes, a leaking RMS is a really big deal! i would have never thought that the villager and quest would have different engines, although i have read about ford not wanting the IF motor, i know of one good quest, i will call and find out the mileage and get back to you guys if he wants a reasonable price and i decide to pull it. not thinking i want to spend much over 300$ on a block.