Replacement Seats

ThomasMoore

Hey Team,

The front seats on my 1990 WD21 (3 door) are pretty tired. I found a good (cheap-ish) set of R51 seats on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Front-Seats-Nissan-Pathfinder-R51-D40-Navara-C55_W0QQitemZ160399415710QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item25588cd99e) - how easy would these be to retrofit to my truck? Also, any suggestions on what to replace the rear seats with?

I haven't the slightest about what it would take. Why not just replace with another 2 door interior?? Parting out vehicles is not uncommon... :shrug:

B

Sorry, I just saw the "Australia", I have no idea of spares availability there...

Edited by Precise1
oops

Far as I know only WD21/D21 seats and all will ONLY fit other WD21/D21 interiors. R50 and R51 seats would all need to have the frame/track modified quite alot to fit. I've been wanting to put a set of R50 leather seats in mine but haven't had a chance to see what the seat frame/track needs to be modified to.

As long as the cushion fits between the tranny tunnel and the door, you should be able to get them in. Easiest way to check, measure the distance between your tracks, then go to a dealership and see if you can quickly measure the R51 track. Will more than likely need to fabricate some brackets to fit them though, just make sure the brackets are done well, need to remember its your a$$ thats going to be at risk, literally.

as long as they fit as far as width, you probably will be fine, as most inport companys use a flat seat bottom (meaning the actually metal frame of the seat itself) and then they bolt the brackets to them to make them level. get the R51 seat and see if the bottom is flat, if indeed it is you can bolt your brackets to it wherever you need to to make it work, you will probably need to use a nut and bolt as i doubt the threaded inserts will line up... i always look for inport car seats to start with as they are easy, i actually have two front sets of eclipse leather seats in my scout, one set in front one in rear. bolted S-10 slides to them to make them level... just remember, this is an offroad forum, you can make anything work in anything! just a matter of how much fab :FartExplode-vi:

How often do yo uactually "use" the rear seats as intended? If you don't maby take them out and make a "hidden compartment" type thing that levels with the cargo area floor that yo ucan securly store some out of site things in? For what it's gonna take to fit different seats in the front? Only help I can give you is wd21 and d21 I know will interchange, other than that I would suspect you need to help them fit...

i actually have two front sets of eclipse leather seats in my scout, one set in front one in rear

Hows that working out for you? I don't think my Eclipse seats are exactly comfortable in my Eclipse...

there out of a first gen car (couple of them actually) there ok, especially with how much i drive the scout (which in none lately, im about 90% of the way done with a Cummins 6BT swap) (which btw, the pathy will be getting a 4BT when thats done, at least if my ambition holds) but they sure beat the HELL out of the old broken down bench seats it came with

just looked at the auction pics, i would bet those seats will work just fine, they look to have a flat bottom, just bolt your rails and brackets on the bottom where they need to be and enjoy!

just looked at the auction pics, i would bet those seats will work just fine, they look to have a flat bottom, just bolt your rails and brackets on the bottom where they need to be and enjoy!

for a hundred bucks or so, I might just give it a shot. If I do, i'll post what I find here and let you know how goes. if it needs fabbing, so be it. as always, thanks all for the advice. :yeahthat:

Edited by ThomasMoore

I haven't the slightest about what it would take. Why not just replace with another 2 door interior?? Parting out vehicles is not uncommon... :shrug:

B

Sorry, I just saw the "Australia", I have no idea of spares availability there...

almost all the interiors here are in really, really bad condition. almost as bad as mine. i've been meaning to do a 'refit' on the interior for a while (new carpet, seats etc), will post a few updates over the coming weeks.