Is This A Bad Price?

ben10

Don't you guys think this guys is asking alot for a 22 year old truck even with all the new parts.

My link

Its seems like a bad deal when you compare it to this one.

My link

Just tell me what you guys think.

Edited by ben10

I get the same link?? Did I miss something??

$4k is the starting price. A repainted, mint 88 with less than 130k on it with all maint done timely should get at least $3k most anywhere. Seriously, $3k for a mint 4x4, not 1/2 used?? Pretty good deal if you ask me...

B

I paid 4k for my pathfinder 5-6 years ago, and it was supposed to be having transmission trouble (just set in actually) and it had rust starting. Interior was great though (detailed 2x per week), and we overpaid by 1k.....

3k for pristine condition in ALL aspects is pretty ok...but 4k may be pushing it

Not my place since I don't pay 4 didget numbers for my trucks/cars but trying to compare a 2door wd21 to a r50 ant fair to begin with, apples to sea shells. 2 completly different worlds (don't want to start the wd21/r50 debate HERE)

Ok, I see what you are saying now. Remember, some people will not even consider a R50 of the same price because that is not what they want, and visa versa. Lets face it, when you get under $5k, people usually buy what they want, not just because that is all they can afford...

Both prices seem fair, this is why I say that... 1.5 years ago I bought a 95xe with 96k miles for $3300 ($3700 asked price) and started fixing it up. 2 months ago I bought a 99.0 R50 SE (152k miles) white, loaded, leather, etc for $4k and put $600 of tires on it. There is not much of a price difference despite the year due to the mileage, condition and buyers interest.

I actually think you should be able to ask for more as long as there is no real rust but I only have the NorCal area for experience, cost wise...

$5200?? $5500?? $5800?? :shrug:

B

Dang the 98 just got sold I was gonna call him tommorow. But what I was saying was this guy is asking $4k for a truck thats 22 years old and has half the options of the 98 thats 10 years newer and was only a couple of hundred of dollars more, and I know the 88 has 20000 less miles on it but time wheres down an engine to. And WD21 2 doors might be rare but I can't imagine thiers a huge demand for them other than on these forums to be asking that much.

Edited by ben10

So, by that theory, a 65 Mustang isn't worth a dime huh?

4x4 vehicles hold their value pretty good as long as they still run. I wouldn't pay over $1k for a 96+ Pathfinder, just me.

Acording to the NADA guide book anything older than 1990 is considered a clasic. This is the value of my 87

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-22-1-5013-0-0-0&l=1&w=22&p=1&f=5014&y=1987&m=1130&d=8220&vi=11589&da=1

James