Engine Oil Cooler Leaking Oil?

Dasanii19

I was about to take out my oil filter when I noticed oil all over my engine oil cooler. I cant see where its particularly leaking from, the hose clamps look good and the gaskets looks clean. Any ideas? Ill post a picture in a minute. By the way, this is on my 2003 Nissan pathfinder V6 3.5 4x4 .

First post here, thanks!! Hopefully this is a clue to why im loosing some oil between oil changes.

oil004.jpg

oil002.jpg

oil001.jpg

Edited by Dasanii19

Just try and use the search function....I started this same topic less than a month ago ;)

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25159

Just dont let the dealership rip you off, Like I was unfortunately. There is no diff between 4x4 and 2x4, rather between the manual trans and auto. The job should cost under 250 bucks, if its indeed the oil cooler O-Rings not the oil cooler itself. Apparently even the tech at nissan said he had never seen a cracked oil cooler its always the rubber O-Rings that need to be replaced.

Just try and use the search function....I started this same topic less than a month ago ;)

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25159

Just dont let the dealership rip you off, Like I was unfortunately. There is no diff between 4x4 and 2x4, rather between the manual trans and auto. The job should cost under 250 bucks, if its indeed the oil cooler O-Rings not the oil cooler itself. Apparently even the tech at Nissan said he had never seen a cracked oil cooler its always the rubber O-Rings that need to be replaced.

Thanks man. I actually did do a search, not sure why I didn't see your thread. Would anyone happen to know a part # for these O rings? Also, would this be the culprit to my oil consumption?

Edited by Dasanii19

Would anyone happen to know a part # for these O rings?

Part Number: 21304-17F20

Fits all R50 with 3.5L engine.

Also, would this be the culprit to my oil consumption?

Based on the pics, more than likely!

Yeah, that sounds like what the problem is. Happened to my Q last year.

If you could replace it yourself or find a friend that can do it for you, that would be the way to go. $250 is just ridiculous for replacing a few o-rings. Luckily my father is a mechanic and did it for me. Didn't take him long, so it should be an easy fix.

• 2 years later...