Any Mountain Bikers Amongst Us?

Cuong Nguyen

I had picked up a nice beginner mountain bike back in October last year and didn't break it in until a week ago at Memorial Park here in Houston. I never realized how addicting and fun it is! You can youtube some videos of Memorial Park and the Ant Hills where most riders go here.

I used to be a performance bycle mechanic for Summit Bicycles. I attended few races with my High end bike. I had the bug pretty bad but I've been having trouble getting back into it since I joined the military. Its a good way to stay in shape just remember to have good seat postion for proper leg extension to pick easier gears so that your pedaling stays over 60rpm (preferably in the 80-120 rpm range) this will help your knees keep up with the sport longer.

and most of all HaVE FUN!

I have an 09 Marin Bolinas Ridge. This thing rocks so far! Anyhow as for RPMs I usually have it around 80 rpms. One thing that kicks my ass is pedaling uphill over roots! my I've eatened the dirt a few times when the pedal catches the root.

Certainly an addictive habit. After destroying a few stock bikes I decided to build my own. It's an aluminum hardtail with Shimano LX parts, Bontrager Mustang rims and a beefy Manitou fork. I am currently awaiting surgery on my knee (2nd time) so I can't ride like I want to. After surgery I think I need to ditch soccer and stick to the bike. It's quite a bit easier on the knees.

I hear you on Breaking store bought bikes :) Though Im a bit bigger for a biker which in turn makes the stress on bikes higher. Ive been building mine own lately. Bought a brand new MC sin for way cheap(even though they split I dont intend on doing any drops...) and Marzzochi forks, and double wide rims.

Used to be into 20" bmx riding (the one park near me still holds pro events, I was always far from pro though). Being a smoker always slowed me down and the fact I had a Haro Sport (not light for a 20" to begin with) and had the heavier GT six spoke mags on it.. And the brakes didn't work too well (suprise!). One too many times misusing it ended it's life with 5 broken vital welds. Been thinkin of getting a couple cheapie mountian bike and me and her start some easy riding to begin with... supposed to be some good railway trails local

I think my little beginner bike suits the trails here well. What I would like to do is get a camera to record my rides. Here's mine:

P1010562.jpg

I still need to pick up a helmet so I can ride safely... Been riding without one :blink:

Edited by Cuong Nguyen