Timing Belt Kit

andreus009

Didn't know this was available until a friend of mine pointed it out for me.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/bundle-timing-belt-kit-pathfinder-wd21-p-568787.html?cPath=5572_7666_7667&

Kind of handy for almost one lump sum order. Of course you still need to order the hoses, but this gets the major components.

All available kits: http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder-parts-wd21-1987-1995/maintenance/timing-belt-kits/-c-5572_7666_7667.html

(Note to Admins & Mods. I also posted this in the product review section so it won't get lost, cause eventually it will slip way down on the list in the Garage. Sorry for the double post)

Edited by andreus009

sounds like a lot of BS to me.

why would you change all that stuff?

why would you change a thermostat that could go bad.. hell the one in the box could go bad.

or a tentioner.. it could go bad.. looks like a marketing scam to get you to spend more moeney.

IF you were doing a complete rebuild.. sure.

I have changed my v belts once in 15 years. my timeing belt 3 times (i just do i when i'm in there wrenching cause i can do it so fast.)

so, your gonna spend over 200 bucks to replace a 17 dollar part.

good try ont thier behalf.

I'll have to try to dig up what I ordered from Alkorahil. The belts weren't on there but it did include the bypass hose and the rebuild parts for the idler arm. I think it was about $240 to my door.

WWW.FACTORYNISSANPARTS.COM

phone 1-866-742-0297

Rob Lacy

Parts Department

1-866-742-0297

1-214-491-6565

sounds like a lot of BS to me

why would you change all that stuff?

why would you change a thermostat that could go bad.. hell the one in the box could go bad.

or a tentioner.. it could go bad.. looks like a marketing scam to get you to spend more moeney

Several reasons.

1) If it was your daily driver, not a trail rig you would probably be a little more proactive??

2) I changed all of that because I do not plan to go back in there for another 100,000 miles.

3) I now have known working spares for everything replaced other than the seals.

4) Everything looks nice and shiney.

B

I'll have to try to dig up what I ordered from Alkorahil. The belts weren't on there but it did include the bypass hose and the rebuild parts for the idler arm. I think it was about $240 to my door.

WWW.FACTORYNISSANPARTS.COM

phone 1-866-742-0297

Rob Lacy

Parts Department

1-866-742-0297

1-214-491-6565

Several reasons.

1) If it was your daily driver, not a trail rig you would probably be a little more proactive??

2) I changed all of that because I do not plan to go back in there for another 100,000 miles.

3) I now have known working spares for everything replaced other than the seals.

4) Everything looks nice and shiney.

B

I see your point be, but i can bet you that my trail rig is in better running condition that most DD's on this site.

If a DD breaks down on the side of the road.. meh, call a tow.

If my trail rig breaks down in 3 feet of snow going over the mountains from Boston bar BC to Harrison (about 10 hours this tme of year) who the hell is gonna come get me.

There is Preventative Maint. and there is just being silly.

have you ver heard of a tentioner failing?

why would you change the cam seals at 100K. one of mine just started to drip a year ago, at over 360k.

as for being procative.. when was the last time you changed your diff oil, or re-packed wheel bearings, or greased ujoints.. etc..

I do mine about every 3-4 wheeling trips.. (diff oil about every 10 hard trips due to water crossings).

I grease front axle u-joints every 1 or 2 trips.

I have found Brian, who owns and runs internetautosupply.com, to have really good prices. he doesn't have many pathfinder parts listed, but if you go to his contact page, and let him know what you are looking for, he will usually add it.

heck, he got the stuff for the 93 pathy added just for me.

He is known on Maxima.org (username is inernetautomar, if anyone has a maxima), and has been around for a while.

Since I am rebuilding the motor I am putting in my pathy, I ordered a few things from him; IM gaskets, water pump, t-belt kit, totaled $173, shipped. without the gaskets ($50), it would have been less than half of the courtesy kit, plus buying all the other stuff (do you really need a new spring stud?)

I have found Brian, who owns and runs internetautosupply.com, to have really good prices. he doesn't have many pathfinder parts listed, but if you go to his contact page, and let him know what you are looking for, he will usually add it.

heck, he got the stuff for the 93 pathy added just for me.

He is known on Maxima.org (username is inernetautomar, if anyone has a maxima), and has been around for a while.

Since I am rebuilding the motor I am putting in my pathy, I ordered a few things from him; IM gaskets, water pump, t-belt kit, totaled $173, shipped. without the gaskets ($50), it would have been less than half of the courtesy kit, plus buying all the other stuff (do you really need a new spring stud?)

my point exactly

I see your point be, but i can bet you that my trail rig is in better running condition that most DD's on this site.

If a DD breaks down on the side of the road.. meh, call a tow.

If my trail rig breaks down in 3 feet of snow going over the mountains from Boston bar BC to Harrison (about 10 hours this tme of year) who the hell is gonna come get me.

There is Preventative Maint. and there is just being silly.

have you ver heard of a tentioner failing?

why would you change the cam seals at 100K. one of mine just started to drip a year ago, at over 360k.

as for being procative.. when was the last time you changed your diff oil, or re-packed wheel bearings, or greased ujoints.. etc..

I do mine about every 3-4 wheeling trips.. (diff oil about every 10 hard trips due to water crossings).

I grease front axle u-joints every 1 or 2 trips.

Oh, I know your truck runs great, and very good point about getting stuck off road, I feel exactly the same way, even if I don't try to go where you do.

K9sar had a tensioner fail, the stud it mounts on I believe... :shrug:

My passenger side cam seal was starting to leak, the only reason I can think of is that is sat for a couple of years. I changed both of them, obviously.

I changed all fluids other than the AT fluid 1.5 years/6k miles ago, replaced the wheel bearings and lubed everything at the same time and then again 3 months ago when I rebuilt the front end. ;)

I do my PM and always set a baseline when I buy a vehicle. I have to do this to the new R50 but I'm waiting for the rain to stop. :shrug:

Oops, thread jack... :hide:

B