More PF praise!

taro

We finally had some actual snow in Knoxville, TN on Thursday and many of the back roads are still ice covered today. We live in a hilly area and I'm pleased to report that the PF came through without any problems even with completely bald tires. It was like a little mountain goat climbing about roads that others had to quit on. Lovin' It! :)

Hey Taro

Not wanting to put the moz on you but you should really get some new tyres if yours are bald. You don't want to hurt your Pathy, or it's occupants or someone else.

It's great driving in snow.

Nick

Hey Taro

Not wanting to put the moz on you but you should really get some new tyres if yours are bald. You don't want to hurt your Pathy, or it's occupants or someone else.

It's great driving in snow.

Nick

Agreed...

It always baffles me when someone boast about driving in treacherous conditions with bald tires, they're your lifeline! Imagine your truck's capabilities with better tires...

Well, I have bald tires! and one has a nail in it! Go Taro, go! :lol:

But I'm just waiting on tax returns. But yea, if you thought your pathy was bad@$$ withbald tires, imagine what it can do with new tires.

Jose

Hey all,

Thanks for the concern. I bought an '82 FJ40 that needs a lot of work. It just so happens that it's wearing brand new 31 x 10.5 15 BFG ATs. This kind of stuff never happens to me. Anyway, I'm trying to find 33 x 9.5 15s for it so I can put the 31s on the PF. Anyway, y'all are right, I need to quit procrastinating and fearing the hit to the wallet and just do it. :) Taro

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Judge. We had more snow over the weekend and this time I didn't need 4wd half as much with the new tires. the thing just climbs and is more practical than the fj, although the fj is fun--because of the various gaps in the top, it ended up snowing on the inside of the fj.