Rear Coil Size

Thunderbolt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would disconnect the lsv spring and zip lock it to where it's open all the way for maximum breaking, since you have larger tires on her anyway and that is quite a raise in the rear, I imagine that it will lower a little bit in due time, also how does the drive shaft look as far in length and angle, eve thou I Toyota friends said it shouldn't be an issued, wish that some body made pan hard drop brackets for our rigs.. If you could, take some picture of the vehicle for me from the side view, that would be great to look at.

David

I left it stock. I wouldn't know where to start lengthening that stuff... All the lines run along the bars. We'll see what happens with the bigger tires. Shocks are on their way from my US warehouse, I'll let you guys know about the rest of the SFD stuff on the SFD thread

I left it stock. I wouldn't know where to start lengthening that stuff... All the lines run along the bars. We'll see what happens with the bigger tires. Shocks are on their way from my US warehouse, I'll let you guys know about the rest of the SFD stuff on the SFD thread

What size tires are you running right now, and what are you going to?

I have Mickey Thompson 31's (In Real life, they're 29.5") and I'm going to try my buddy's 35" KM's. I'm sure there will be cutting. The front isn't so bad because I'm putting a winch bumper on. But the rear, as you can see, the front of the tire is pretty close. I'd like to know what tmorgan did to fit his 35's so nicely

I have Mickey Thompson 31's (In Real life, they're 29.5") and I'm going to try my buddy's 35" KM's. I'm sure there will be cutting. The front isn't so bad because I'm putting a winch bumper on. But the rear, as you can see, the front of the tire is pretty close. I'd like to know what tmorgan did to fit his 35's so nicely

Tmorgan made custom 4links which extended them 2" longer to re center the tire and prolly had a custom drive shaft made.

Tmorgan did indeed make custom links. I dont believe that he had a custom ds made though. Once you get the extended links you will need a new ds, but until that point you should be fine with the stock one. OR you could just get a spacer made.

You should be fine. AFAIK tmorgan did not have a set of aftermarket links or driveshaft when he was running 35's on the SFD. You may want to message him and find out for sure though. When I look at the pics I have of his flex the links appear to be the same as the stock ones. You can still fit 35's you will probably have to trim a bit though

Hell man, if I can fit 33's on the 2in lift, you can fit 35's with 4in more lift than me :itsallgood: Here are the pics I have of his flex. You can see the stock links. I mean hell maxstryker even put 38's on his r50 with a sfd and lift coils. When looking at tmorgans pics it looks like the rear bumper is being hit by the tire, since you have a tube bumper it may not be a problem. As far as the front an aftermarket or custom high clearance bumper should do the trick, or just trim up the stock one :handlebars:

tmorgan2sfdflex.jpg

Look at where the link is atttached to the bracket looks stock

tmorgansfdflex.jpg

This pic you can clearly see the stock link, look at the mount too all looks stock to me

Tmorgansas.jpg

One more pics...just cuz its awesome

35s.jpg

Pic of max's on 38's

StrykerFlexxxx.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

I guess I'm a little late here!!!!

Sorry...got your message after I got home from work and it was pretty late. When I did 35s on my subframe drop I didn't have the extended links. They were all stock and WORN OUT. I beat up the fender pretty badly under the door from the tire rubbing it but nothing too horrible.

I'm still working on trying to get a few prices put together on the rear links but they aren't a complete necessity for 35s. Be prepared to do a lot of cutting and you can't be to worried about hearing the tires rub.

I'll try and keep an eye on this if you have any other questions!!!