Rear Coil Size

Thunderbolt

I have search for a couple of hours on the rear coil spring spec, and know that I've seen them before on the forum somewhere. I was wondering if anybody would have a clue or know the the difference between the stock and AC, because I'm thinking of have a custom set made. So that I could go up 2 to 3 inches higher, to level my truck out with the SFD. At one time, I was thinking of doing the F250 spring, but that would be a very rough ride and the idea of making a spring spacer, I don't have the time. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

David

0420091610a2.jpg

Edited by Thunderbolt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are we looking for as far a measurements? I'll go to the local 4x4 shop and measure the Jeep lift springs if I have to :-) Just ID and Overall length?

I'm guessing diameter, too. That way it'll be easier to know if aftermarket Jeep coils fit into the OEM coil seats. :aok:

Sorry about that Guys, I tried to write with my phone at work and apparently doesn't work right, anyway I went to Four wheel parts today, and the Jeep coil are 4.0" Id and ours R50 are 5.0" Id. Tomorrow I'm gonna give a couple coil spring companies a call and see how much and what kind of time line looking at, also does anybody know what the length of the AC coil are. Are they about 17 inchs in length.

David

Sorry about that Guys, I tried to write with my phone at work and apparently doesn't work right, anyway I went to Four wheel parts today, and the Jeep coil are 4.0" Id and ours R50 are 5.0" Id. Tomorrow I'm gonna give a couple coil spring companies a call and see how much and what kind of time line looking at, also does anybody know what the length of the AC coil are. Are they about 17 inchs in length.

David

Depends on the Jeep application, no? XJ, ZJ, YJ, etc... :scratchhead:

You can check out this link: http://www.4x4parts....ge=0#Post486243

Which basically says

Stock rear springs:

14 3/8" Free Length

115 lbs/in Spring Rate (approx)

0.53" or 13.5 mm Wire Diameter.

5" Inside Coil Diameter

--Howie

Hey Thanks for the info, I'll get back on what the guy says from coilsprings.com .

David

That is the company my springs came from. No idea why they wouldn't have me in their system. When I called they had specs for the OEM Pathfinder springs so I just told them I wanted a 160 lb/in rate for 6" lift over stock and they made them no problem.

Just save that info, so that when I get my sfd installed, I can also contact that company and get some made. David, if you wouldnt mind posting up what happens with this and the cost of the springs, that would be much appreciated :beer:

That is the company my springs came from. No idea why they wouldn't have me in their system. When I called they had specs for the OEM Pathfinder springs so I just told them I wanted a 160 lb/in rate for 6" lift over stock and they made them no problem.

Have you got a link or e-mail address? I think I may look into this for getting some custom front and rear coils made. Thanks! :aok:

Have you got a link or e-mail address? I think I may look into this for getting some custom front and rear coils made. Thanks! :aok:

You mean rear only, cuz the front cant be extended anymore than the AC coils do them, limited by strut length correct?

You mean rear only, cuz the front cant be extended anymore than the AC coils do them, limited by strut length correct?

Right you are, but I'm going with 4" SFD and would like to get 1.5" coils for a total of 5.5" lift. Less stress on the CV axles that way. :togo:

If I could get custom coils for 5.5" of lift, 33x12.5 tires would fit those wells just right. The OME coils are great but I'd like to minimize the angle put on the CV axles, especially if I wanna make more use of 4HI and 4LO. :D

I think there would be a few people on this forum wanting longer springs in the back and making one big order might be cheaper? Especially with more SFD's soon to be floating around...

I tried gettign a quote and here is what I got out of it....

Hello Terry,

No it does not.

I would estimate shipping cost in the $30 to $40 range. I will not know the exact amount until the springs have been manufactured and weighted.

Thank you

Kevin ]

Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 10:55 AM

To: info@coilsprings.com

Subject: Re: Quote Request: terry henry

Does that price include shipping?

-----Original Message-----

To: terryhenryjr@aol.com

Sent: Mon, Jan 18, 2010 11:48 am

Subject: RE: Quote Request: terry henry

Hello Terry,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. When you said four, I thought you were meaning front and rear coils springs.

Rear – coil springs - +6.00” lift & 160#/in spring rate.

Pricing: 2 pair @ 248.40pr

Thank you

Kevin

Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 10:34 AM

I do not need front springs, a friend of mine is doing the same lift and might need the same springs, so what is the price for 4 and what is the price for 2? The $298.60 does that include shipping and for both springs?

Sent: Mon, Jan 18, 2010 11:22 am

Hello Terry,

1999 Nissan Pathfinder

Front – coil springs - +6.00” lift & ????#/in spring rate

Pricing: estimate: $ 276.40 pr

Pricing: $ 268.20 pr

What coil spring rate do you require for the front coils?

Thank you and I await your response to proceed.

Kevin

Coil Spring Specialties

Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 10:12 AM

This vehicle is my daily driver with a 2" suspension l;ift and 4" subframe drop so I need custom springs made, its not a rock crawler and it is a straight axle with a 4link rear. The $298.60 does that include shipping and for both springs? What kind of deal could I get if I ordered 4?

Sent: Mon, Jan 18, 2010 10:48 am

Hello Terry,

1999 Nissan Pathfinder

Pricing: $ 298.60 pr

Is the vehicle being used as rock crawler?

Is the rear suspension – straight axle on this vehicle?

Thank you and I await your response to proceed.

Kevin

Coil Spring Specialties