Rear Coil Size

Thunderbolt

Thats good, glad you got everything fiugured out; I actually called in this morning to coil springs and my order is still being made. For reference my order number is 1872; in case anyone else wanted to get the same springs. Glad to hear you got everyhting straigtened out.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! That sucks that you had issues right after dealing with these guys. I have absolutely no affiliation with the company (I just found them online when I was looking for custom springs) but I had absolutely no issue like that. I hope it's just a fluke or odd timing because they make some really nice stuff. I loved the springs I got from them.

Ok I just called them, they said mine are out being coiled! Not sure if thats a ggod thing or not. They also said original shipping date was March 15th :-O ... hopefully that date is pushed up

That means they are being coiled or wound up.... apparently they coil their springs by hand and because this is a custom order...

Hey all,

I'm thinking about leaving my Calmini lift on my other Pathy & this newer one, custom build it. For the rear coils, does it matter if the coils from a JEEP Grande Cherokee are from the front or rear? I might be getting some rears for $20-$30 for the pair.

Thanks for the info!

Hey all,

I'm thinking about leaving my Calmini lift on my other Pathy & this newer one, custom build it. For the rear coils, does it matter if the coils from a JEEP Grande Cherokee are from the front or rear? I might be getting some rears for $20-$30 for the pair.

Thanks for the info!

Go with Jeep XJ springs, but you are going to have to modify your spring perches to fit the diameter of the springs as our is 4.9" and I think Jeeps are 5.5 or something liek that.....

:scratchhead: That's wierd. I just had my '98 XJ totalled & it didn't sit up as high as most Grande Cherokees.....Why do u say those would be better? I still don't get how Cherokees have to have such a larger lift to fit 31's on, which come stock on Pathys...

How much of a difference is there between the XJ's & the Grande?

Hey, just joined the forum today and was guided here. Looking to add 2" in height to the back of my 02 2X2. Back sits lower than front and i just want to balance. PLUS I'll be hauling a car to Branson Z Fest in June (did it last year) and the slight lift might stiffen it up a bit. any thoughts? go with the coilsprings.com folks? thanks!

:scratchhead: That's wierd. I just had my '98 XJ totalled & it didn't sit up as high as most Grande Cherokees.....Why do u say those would be better? I still don't get how Cherokees have to have such a larger lift to fit 31's on, which come stock on Pathys...

How much of a difference is there between the XJ's & the Grande?

The Jeep Grand Cherokee is the big brother to the XJ and therefor has stiffer springs; through some research unless you are going to do a SFD it is not recommended to use their springs because of the stiffness and they are over stock specifications in length and diameter... If you are just looking to stiffen up the rear go with the Air Lift 1000 or you could do a suspencion lift from 4x4parts.com or even order some springs from coilsprings.com; however if you go to the 4x4parts ite they should just sell some stiffer springs made to stock specifications. The stock springs in the R50 are rated at 115lbs get some at 160lbs and it should eliminate the sag.

I'll have to do some looking. Just wanting to keep things cheap & lift it 3"-4". I might just have to buy another lift kit or just awap out the Calmini from my other. Was hoping to get some cheap UCA's & rear coils & crank the torsion bars & be done. Will keep everyone posted on what I do.

Thanks for all your input! :beer:

:blush: Ok, here's the problem.......I was bidding on some coils springs....jeep zj grand cherokee rear coil springs 4wd v8 1996

I got them for $20.00 plus shipping. Do I keep them for the future of a SAS, or use them? I guess I can sell them also, or swap with somebody the has a XJ & wanting ZJ coils to lift their XJ? :aok:

I was really hoping I could use them...CHeap cheap cheap! :my2cents:

I think I might be able to swap with XJ coils. Same guy has XJ coils for the same price.

Just curious, how much lift will these coils give me?

Edited by 94 Pathy

:blush: Ok, here's the problem.......I was bidding on some coils springs....jeep zj grand cherokee rear coil springs 4wd v8 1996

I got them for $20.00 plus shipping. Do I keep them for the future of a SAS, or use them? I guess I can sell them also, or swap with somebody the has a XJ & wanting ZJ coils to lift their XJ? :aok:

I was really hoping I could use them...CHeap cheap cheap! :my2cents:

I think I might be able to swap with XJ coils. Same guy has XJ coils for the same price.

Just curious, how much lift will these coils give me?

They are gonna give you too much lift, as stated before I would not go with Jeep springs unless you do a SFD (subframe drop) and manufacture all the brackets and install them with grade 8 nuts and bolts.... and then you are only replacing the rear springs with the jeep springs and putting in strut spacers to account for the front lift. You can only get a 2" suspension lift to put on the R50; however I got 4.5" of lift out of mine so you might want to look into that on 4x4parts.com.... As for the springs.... save them for when you want to go bigger and do a SFD..... but again you are gonna have to modify your spring perches to fit those springs.

WOW! Didn't realize I would have to do all that. I did get the ZJ's swapped out for the XJ's. I guess I'll just save them for the future. Are you talking about upper ball joint spacers? I son't have struts. '94 Pathys have UCA's & shocks. Hey Mudd, your '99 has a complete different set up compared to the older Pathys. Thanks for the info!

Edited by 94 Pathy

WOW! Didn't realize I would have to do all that. I did get the ZJ's swapped out for the XJ's. I guess I'll just save them for the future. Are you talking about upper ball joint spacers? I son't have struts. '94 Pathys have UCA's & shocks. Hey Mudd, your '99 has a complete different set up compared to the older Pathys. Thanks for the info!

Ok, so I don't think you are talking about a R50 pathy correct? R50 pathy's have struts in the front and a 4link in the rear.... so in order to do a SFD you require the SFD brackets and strut spacers in order to lift it beyond just a suspension lift and not having to do a SAS....

Edited by muddfildvaynes

Hey, just joined the forum today and was guided here. Looking to add 2" in height to the back of my 02 2X2. Back sits lower than front and i just want to balance. PLUS I'll be hauling a car to Branson Z Fest in June (did it last year) and the slight lift might stiffen it up a bit. any thoughts? go with the coilsprings.com folks? thanks!

Go to 4x4parts.com and order their rear springs and you should be good. Gives a 2" lift.

Yea, Um, we here are talking about 96-04 R50 Pathfinders. The unibody ones. Not the WD21 with body on frame. Just clearing this up.

Jose