Rear Coil Size

Thunderbolt

All right guys,

Sorry it took long to get back,(Have been very busy with work) but I just got off the phone and wouldn't you know it, now that I see that Terry contact Kevin. Right on!! That is the same price that I was Quoted and we also found out what Tyler(t4morgan) used when he order his, it was under his old company name Pradolifts. For the rear His came out to be 5.5 height with 160lbs and the price is $248.40 plus shipping. And it would take 4 weeks to receive them, because they are custom. The price will vary if you decide to go with a different version more length or spring rate, you get the idea.

David

Edited by Thunderbolt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right guys,

Sorry it took long to get back,(Have been very busy with work) but I just got off the phone and wouldn't you know it, now that I see that Terry contact Kevin. Right on!! That is the same price that I was Quoted and we also found out what Tyler(t4morgan) used when he order his, it was under his old company name Pradolifts. For the rear His came out to be 5.5 height with 160lbs and the price is $248.40 plus shipping. And it would take 4 weeks to receive them, because they are custom. The price will vary if you decide to go with a different version more length or spring rate, you get the idea.

David

Just ordered my pair of springs, apparently you can't really get a discount unless you order 10+ of the same springs, I should be getting mine in a month, will let you know how they are.... I'm trying to round up all the pieces to my SFD like the rectangular tube, the plates to make the strut spacers, brake cables, need to get THE 4 link made, make my driveshaft longer, Ford F250 2wd rear shocks, nuts and bolts, steering linkage...... anyone have any ideas to locate some of these?

awesome! what did you go with? what do I tell them when I order mine? tell them I want the same as what Terry or T4Morgan got?

Tell them you want the same springs that Terry Henry and Tyler Morgan from Pradolifts ordered which is springs made to stock pathfinder specs except the height is extended 5.5" and rated at 160lbs.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

This is some great news! I'm definitely going to contact these guys and get some custom coils made. I wonder if they'd also make front coils...? :scratchhead:

I am keeping my front coils that I got with the suspension lift from 4x4parts.com because with the SFD you are just adding in strut spacers becuae they don't make bigger struts for the front...... So I dont see where getting new front coils is needed however if you wanted to make them stiffer?

Speaking of the front. I was talking to a friend about this, and he had an idea. We all know our struts kind of hinder wheel/tire selection. Well, what if the spring mount on the strut was cut and a smaller one put on. Then a coil could be made that would decrease in diameter to match the new mount. It would be a progressive rate spring. This would make tire clearance a little better, yes? What do you think of that?

jose

I am keeping my front coils that I got with the suspension lift from 4x4parts.com because with the SFD you are just adding in strut spacers becuae they don't make bigger struts for the front...... So I dont see where getting new front coils is needed however if you wanted to make them stiffer?

I'd like a similar spring rate to the OME HD coils, which I believe is the same as AC, ~160lbs. However, the OME HD coils are about 1.75". That being said, with a 4" SFD and 5.5" coils in the rear, I'd need 1.5" coils to level up the front. I considered going with 4" SFD and ~2" coils but a 6" total lift gets a little excessive when it comes to other mods, i.e. driveshaft, links, panhard, etc.; not to mention the added stress on the CV axles at these angles.

I have been tinkering with the thought of a front diff drop bracket... But we'll see... :sssh:

I'd like a similar spring rate to the OME HD coils, which I believe is the same as AC, ~160lbs. However, the OME HD coils are about 1.75". That being said, with a 4" SFD and 5.5" coils in the rear, I'd need 1.5" coils to level up the front. I considered going with 4" SFD and ~2" coils but a 6" total lift gets a little excessive when it comes to other mods, i.e. driveshaft, links, panhard, etc.; not to mention the added stress on the CV axles at these angles.

I have been tinkering with the thought of a front diff drop bracket... But we'll see... :sssh:

Well I was planning on putting a steel bumper on the front of mine which would help level out the front. SFD's aren't cheap unless you find a good deal which are hard to come by; I am having a local machineing comapany who specializes in 4x4 offroad parts build my kit at a relativly good price...... But it is possible, I would like to know what comes of this front diff drop..... it sounds interesting...... post some pics when you are done with it. I might be interested.

It's really just a matter of knowing if these will work on a R50 R200A front differential...

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5277

For ~$40 I am willing to just buy these and give it a shot... :handlebars:

Seems pretty reasonable.... I might have to give it a shot as well..... any how to guides? the bushings are made for a frontier though.......

Edited by muddfildvaynes

Seems pretty reasonable.... I might have to give it a shot as well..... any how to guides?

No but if I do this it'll be sometime in April/May using my Haynes manual. I have a friend who is a certified Nissan mechanic so I'll put this by him to see if it's feasible. I don't see why not but you never know...:scratchhead:

I noticed you plan on running a steel bumper up front. I did that and since then, my front coils have sagged considerably. I wonder if a higher spring rate custom coils would be a good idea...?

Ty, you bring up a good point with the front coils needing to be stronger for a front bumper, I need to keep that in mind when I build my bumper. And those drop brackets say they come in handy for switching from a r180 to a r200 so I guess it should work, as long as the mounting points are the same, which in my guestimation they probably wont be :thumbsdown:

Ty, you bring up a good point with the front coils needing to be stronger for a front bumper, I need to keep that in mind when I build my bumper. And those drop brackets say they come in handy for switching from a r180 to a r200 so I guess it should work, as long as the mounting points are the same, which in my guestimation they probably wont be :thumbsdown:

The D22 Frontier uses the same diff housing as the R50 so I'd be hard-pressed to figure out why it wouldn't work... :scratchhead:

In any event, for $40 it'd be worth finding out. :togo:

I think doing the front coil is going to be a real pain. It's hard enough to do the AC ones, couldn't imagine installing a stiffer one. Good luck.

David

A coil compressor and 18V impact gun make the work a breeze. :aok:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

Does anyone know the stocks spring Part number? The guys at coilsprings.com wanna know that before they start my order

Don't know the part numper but the stock spring is 4.9" in diameter to fit in the stock spring perches and it is rated at 115lbs.... hope that helps. If you are getting springs for the 4" SFD you should be ble to mention my name (Terry Henry of NH) and they should be able to look up my order and get yours to the same specs as mine. They are making mine as we speak.

So, I called in my Visa info to the coilsprings.com ladies and not even an hour later... $600 in @!*% gets charged to it. Stuff like Bikes and internet company stuff. Do we know that this place is legit? I'm a little worried about buying stuff from them now that this has happened

So, I called in my Visa info to the coilsprings.com ladies and not even an hour later... $600 in @!*% gets charged to it. Stuff like Bikes and internet company stuff. Do we know that this place is legit? I'm a little worried about buying stuff from them now that this has happened

You GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! As far that I know that this was the same place where Tyler Morgan(T4morgan) Also use to be Prado lifts got his at. I hope that you called you're credit card company and tell them that you want to cancel all transaction and see what it the world is happen at the coil spring company and ex plane what happen. Sorry about your bad luck.

David

Yeah it looks like it was just bad timing. We hadn't used this card in half a year, then BAM 30 minutes after I called in the info the old fashioned way, The bank calls and tells me about all these charges going onto the card. Someone must have had the card info for awhile and just started using it then. I'm not blaming coilsprings.com, but I also wanted to make sure you guys think its a decent place to do business hahaha