Tire Size W/ 3" Body Lift

CO94LEV6

Okay, I've searched for the past hour on what size tire to use with a 3" body lift from 4x4parts.com. I'm looking for a good snow or AT tire (that performs well on snow). I'm thinking tall and narrow. My searches basically came up with a 31x10.5r15 on stock will fit without rubbing or 33's fit if you have both a 3" body lift and a 3" suspension lift. I'm in between with only a 3" body lift. Will 32's fit stock 15" rims without rubbing? I've got a '94 LE. Recommendations on tires and suppliers are welcome!

I have 32x12.5x15 on 8" w/3.75 offset rims with no lift, and there is minor rubbing at the front when I turn full lock, and in case you ever jump the Pathfinder, the front tires will slightly hit the front fenders upon a hard landing, lol.

Edited by AeroSync

I have 32x12.5x15 on 8" w/3.75 offset rims with no lift, and there is minor rubbing at the front when I turn full lock, and in case you ever jump the Pathfinder, the front tires will slightly hit the front fenders upon a hard landing, lol.

So with the 3" lift would your tires still rub or do you think it would clear okay?

I don't have the lego rims, they are the factory 6 spoke aluminum. Would the backset be the same as the Lego?

So with the 3" lift would your tires still rub or do you think it would clear okay?

I don't have the lego rims, they are the factory 6 spoke aluminum. Would the backset be the same as the Lego?

I think they would clear okay.

Note that my rims are after market, not the stock ones.

You should be ok with 3" body lift and 32" tires. There could be minor rubbing on th fender flares (just trim them a little) or perhaps a little on the frame or other components at full lock (adjust the wheel stops).

Your tires have to be the stock steel rims unless the LEs came with their own tire, but I don't think so. Either way, your rims are 6 or 7" wide and won't fit a 11.5" tire well.

B

Well i must have some problem with mine then. I have a 3" suspention lift and my tires in the rear rub when i am pulling in to sort of steep driveways and it doesnt have to be really steep for them to rub. I have 32" by 11.5" on some american racing nitro rims and they apear to be ling up the same as the legos did but for some reason before and after the lift i noticed no different in the rubbing. I also noticed my 3" didnt seem to lift it 3" at all. it way maybe 2" My front tires dont rub at all its just when the rear flexes. Do i need bump stops in the rear or something?my fender flares are taking a beating from the tires though.

Well i must have some problem with mine then. I have a 3" suspention lift and my tires in the rear rub when i am pulling in to sort of steep driveways and it doesnt have to be really steep for them to rub. I have 32" by 11.5" on some american racing nitro rims and they apear to be ling up the same as the legos did but for some reason before and after the lift i noticed no different in the rubbing. I also noticed my 3" didnt seem to lift it 3" at all. it way maybe 2" My front tires dont rub at all its just when the rear flexes. Do i need bump stops in the rear or something?my fender flares are taking a beating from the tires though.

Can you look up the backspacing of your rims?? It may have something to do with it.

If you really need rear bump stops, I have a set in the garage.

B

Can you look up the backspacing of your rims?? It may have something to do with it.

If you really need rear bump stops, I have a set in the garage.

B

hmm ok do you think the rim will say it on there somewhere the PO bought them so i know nothing about them besides what kind they are and that they are 16"

It should say something, usually stamped on the inside of the rim, whether it is all the info or just model#. If you know the type and diameter (do you know the width?), go to the manufacturers site and try to match it up. There may only be a few sizes/types making it easy to figure out.

B

Finish Part Number Size Bolt Circle Offset (MM) Backside Setting (IN)

Chrome 647-6838 16x8 6-5 1/2 88-on GM Trucks 0 4 1/2

does this help at all i think thats the only size they made for my rim and size

Edited by edicer2

Ok...so some models came with 31s ffom the factory...so why couldnt you just run skinny 34s...

I must say...skinny tires arent all that great on snow,my 95 has 245/70-16s on it and I must say that the wider foot print helped a lot.It floats on top of the snow in stead of digging down in to it.But it all depends on how you drive,if your afraid your just going to spin then get the skinng ones.For winter tires...in the size I metioned above I would say get RoadRunner ATP's(or apt's I forget how the names spelt)I got 2 brand new at Fleet Farm(not sure if you have them out in co)and it was a night and day diffrence between my old dueler 486s and the roadrunners(meep meep)...

Well I decided to get the 31x10.5r15 Trailcutter M&S. It is just a snow tire that should fit without any problems. I have them on my Silverado and they are great on the snow. If it looks like 32's would fit I can get them in the spring when I don't need the snow tires anymore.

Finish Part Number Size Bolt Circle Offset (MM) Backside Setting (IN)

Chrome 647-6838• 16x8 6-5 1/2 88-on GM Trucks 0 4 1/2

does this help at all i think thats the only size they made for my rim and size

Ok, I'd guess that the back side setting is the backspacing of 4.5". This is the same or more than the stock backspacing (there seems to be a disagreement on the stock specs).

B