What I've Been Into The Last 4 Or So Months

Fukinitupagain

As the title emplies this is what I've been into this past semester. This is not all of the work, this is just the sh!t I've yet to destroy (my professors are trying to talk me into not destroying all of my sh!t afterwards so I can build my portfolio & get into a nice grad school). For anyone who doesn't know, I'm a sculpture major at UNCG (about done too)

These were made from about 5 or so steel pipes (courtesy free of the scrapyard) that I cut up into ringlets on the hydraulic bandsaw & welded together

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

Heres a piece I made kinda along the same lines as the ringlet things. It started out as 53 feet of square tubing that I cut up on the bandsaw & welded together. Heres about a midway point:

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

And here it is pretty much finshed (I haven't decided if I am going to work more on it or not). Nothing touches any other part of itself (I know the pictures don't show that too well) & it weighs 378lbs, even though it doesn't look like it weighs that much

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. The pics of the drawinsg are just that, pictures (they aren't scanned in copies or anything nice like that) so they don't look as nice as they should but, ehh, I'm not too worried about them.

Hey Simon, I have couple others of Charlie Manson, the Virgin Mary, Princess Diana & a couple of others that are on par with the Jackson one. I had more that I had done that I didn't turn in or put up here cause even I was way too offended (even though I was the one who made them), which is in itself pretty hard to do. A couple of the kids in my class didn't get the referrances to some of the poeple because it was waaaay before their time but my professor laughed to himself (a major feet considering he was kind of a crusty old guy). If I can find some pics of them I'll put them up.

Kingman, I might be in Washington for grad school, so if your mom is in the state maybe I could out an installation together for her or something (I like to make bigass metal pieces that are site specific - made speficially for that location).

Edited by Fukinitupagain

Kingman, I might be in Washington for grad school, so if your mom is in the state maybe I could out an installation together for her or something (I like to make bigass metal pieces that are site specific - made speficially for that location).

Lol she said that would be awesome. Only problem is, she lives in an RV in an RV park (NOT a ghetto one). So a permanent steel lawn ornament wouldn't work out so well... :scratchhead:

But she should be buying a house in January or February. :aok:

• 3 weeks later...

Kingman, I can make free standing sculpture, no problem, its just safer if its big or heavy to anchor it.

Bowtied, not a big Escher fan, so it must be coincidence. When it comes to art, or to be more specific, sculpture I like Richard Serra (link to image) & Mark Di Suvero (link to image & a link to another image)