What kind of engine can I put in my pathy?

bwyan

how long is a piece of string?

how much power do you want?

how much money you got to spend?

how easier job are you looking to do?

how far do you wanna go from the fuel you put in it???

sorry, maybe suggest a few possibles, then you may get more sense out of us... :wacko:

:D

then leave your old one in there. That's the easiest thing to do. I cant beleive how many people on thsi board seem to be upset over how much power these trucks have. My mom has a 2001 and that thing is a rocket! Dusted many-a-civic around town here. As for my 95, hey IT'S A TRUCK, not a race car. It has enough power to pull my boat, throw up a decent roost in the mud, and scoot across a busy intersection -i'm more than delighted with it. Mind you, i wouldn't argue with a diesel, but we live in North America so tough bananas. If you wan't some more power, go buy an american SUV and have fun fixing it all the time

then leave your old one in there. That's the easiest thing to do. I cant beleive how many people on thsi board seem to be upset over how much power these trucks have. My mom has a 2001 and that thing is a rocket! Dusted many-a-civic around town here. As for my 95, hey IT'S A TRUCK, not a race car. It has enough power to pull my boat, throw up a decent roost in the mud, and scoot across a busy intersection -i'm more than delighted with it. Mind you, i wouldn't argue with a diesel, but we live in North America so tough bananas. If you wan't some more power, go buy an american SUV and have fun fixing it all the time

Easy Skrilla. I love my pathy just the way it is. I have a Nissan remanufactured motor with 90k. and a Nissan remenufactured tranny with 0k. I just wanted to price a new used motor in case of a problem. -argue-

Pathys and Terranos (Jap Model) can be supplied in New Zealand with diesel engines. The TD27T is a 2.7 litre turbo diesel and pushes my truck along ok. Not as much out and out power as the petrol v6, but good torque and no problems with wet electrics... I think some late model ones came with a 3.0 litre diesel, but Im not sure.

• 3 years later...
Instead of swapping engines why not just upgrade the vg30 with a supercharger, new cams, ect. These engines are capable or putting out some serious power if you're willing to spend a little $$$.

Dude, what's with bumping a 4 year old post?!?!?! :lol:

Whoa! That's old!

But while we're on the subject (and my motor is galloping toward the grave), what about Mexico?

They still make the D21 down there. I believe they offer a diesel too. Anyone know anymore about them?

Model numbers? Specs? My espaniol is mallo.

They ought to drop in to our frame w/o too much trouble... Right?

Speaking of which, Nissan offers a brand-new frame assembly for around $2800. News to me.

Awesome for someone who has the money to start all over with a guaranteed rust-free chassis.

If i am correct it is called the Nissan Camiones and 2008 was the last model year for it and they are starting to push 09's now. i had web sites about them having thoughts of figuring out how to ship a 08 d-21 hardbody 4 door to the U.S. that thought passed and i cant read other languages so i gave up.