Patrol-Based Platform

DOA

Anyone seen the " This just in" article in Peterson's 4wheel and offroad magazine? The Pathfinder could get a new lease on life if Automotive News is right about Nissan moving it to a Patrol based platform for the '12 model year. " Expect a more robust Pathfinder, with slightly larger dimensions and more engine power," said AN. The change comes to reduce manufacturing costs and also to fill a void should Nissan decide to kill the Titan-based Armada after 2010.

• 2 weeks later...

thats good to hear. i'm down for heated seats..lol. but it'll still need a solid front.

Maybe.. just maybe it'll come with an H260 rear end.

Edited by SteeevO

I have seen the pictures they are sent to us dealers.

I was very unimpressed with the new design.

Like all ofther SUVs the once stought and rugged Patrol has gone to a large overpriced luxury vehicle. It will be 4 wheel independant suspension. The chassis, 4wd and suspension is almost exactly the same as the TA60 Armada. (IIRC it is the same frame as the Titan/Armada)

It has a back door similar in design to the Nissan CUBE and more or less looks like a R51 pathfinder from the front.

The 4.0L inline turbo diesel engine did sound nice though, but thats probably for Australia and NZ only. We couldnt be that lucky in the US.