Is This A Factory Alarm Switch?

ac92pathfinder

looks like it

i know the optional factory accessories like alarm and fog lights are very poorly ported

i went to the dealer and they told me that isnt factory course this is the guy that works at the front desk for service. shoulf i take it to another dealer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Pathfinder-Security-Alarm-Switch-89-95-A17_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a4ff146a6QQitemZ250449315494QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories check this out its factory. I tried to get the guy to show me how it works. i have no idea how it works. the light doesnt even turn on it. i read the owners manual not working the way there telling me to do it. Edited by ac92pathfinder

it should turn on auto after u lock the door and shut it, takes 30 seconds. then when you open the door with a key you have 30 seconds to turn on the ignition. The light should blink though if it's not ?

That is the alarm switch for the dealer installed accessory alarm system.

The switch is still available by itself. IRRC its like $20.

Not surprised the guy at the counter didnt know or could not find it, it is a little obsucure and you have to know where to find the information buried in years of Nissan parts manuals. (and actually still have the accessory manuals for a 15+ year old truck)

it should turn on auto after u lock the door and shut it, takes 30 seconds. then when you open the door with a key you have 30 seconds to turn on the ignition. The light should blink though if it's not ?

ight doesnt bink on the dash plus i have unlocked the door with the key and left the door opened before i started it. i dont think its working. im takeing it the horn is the alarm noise?

wish i could help ya. That is defiantly a factory alarm with and it has a extra horn/siren under the hood for it. Mine never worked in my 93 se either my light just always blinked really really fast 24/7 even when the car was on. I would check the conection to the securty box,(its a black box under one of the seats) i remember reading that they get a bad connection and they quit working. You shouldnt need a remote though for it to work my friends 91 had the alarm and that one worked right with no remote

ok so i put the fuse in and did what the book tells me too and it aint working the light flashes on impact off if i put the switch on the light stays solid. solid light means system been tampered with, slow flash means its armed, fast flash means system peparing to be armed and also means manually unlocking system is preparing to trigger unless the key is turned on. thanks for all your repies. i still cant get it to chirp or make the alarm to go off.