Vg33E Synthetic Oil

tekazgtr1984

Doing an oil change this weekend, prepping the R50 for nasty winter... *shudder*

I know the manual says 10W30 is the best oil for the VG33E but I've also heard of people going with 5W30, especially in Canada what with the colder temperatures in winter. I would think the difference to be negligible but I just thought I'd throw this out there. :shrug:

I use 5W30 Mobil 1 in all my Pathfinders in the winter, VG and VQ. If ever your questioning the use of synthetic or 5W30 in the winter, leave some 10W30 and 5W30 outside and first thing in the morning try to pour both out. The same can be done for synthetic vs conventional oil. Synthetics (from my experiences) will always flow better despite have the same weight designation.

Yeah our vg33 has 245,000 on it and my dad runs 5w50 in the winter and 20w50 in the summer. Both synthetic.

Man, the mileage is high on your dad's '00, eh? I remember when you told me it hit 200k... That doesn't seem like very long ago. :shrug:

Man, the mileage is high on your dad's '00, eh? I remember when you told me it hit 200k... That doesn't seem like very long ago. :shrug:

Yeah it gets driven a lot. Engine is still mint though.

Not up here. Mine reads 10W30. :shrug:

In any event, 5W30 is a better option, anyway. :D

5w30 Is the reccomended for our 00 and my 95 with the vg30e which is basically the same engine. I run 5w50 in the summer though.