Timbren Bumpstops? Anyone Use Them Yet?

MikeV

If you remove the rear bumpstops the axle hits the frame or the wheel rubs the inner wheel well.

our bumpstops are chunks of metal and these are semi hard rubber and are much longer but collapse.

they remind me of Air ride in semi's, as they compress down to nothing so it stops hard bottoming out as it cushions the impact.

looking for a link to a video

IMG_1233.jpg

this is an x but you get the idea (it compresses more than shown)

I snapped my first 95's frame with a hard hit to the rear bumpstops and was wondering if anyone used them on a pathy since the x is leaf spring

Really?

Seems like I do almost every time I go... :blush02:

I must do it wrong :laugh:

bumpstop1.JPG

bumpstop2.JPG

with 31's on stock rims

& with my soft 8's and 33's on, it binds up on the inner fenderwell of the body before the frame

Are yourunning any kind of lift spring? Could be the difference, as both of mine have larger springs in the rear, I might not be able to stuff as much. :shrug:

I have the Calmini 3" lift and AC 3" Body with rear sway removed, I removed the front but it really didn't do much except make it a crazy drive on the interstate.

We need to hook up this spring and do some wheeling!-) :friday:

our bumpstops are chunks of metal and these are semi hard rubber and are much longer but collapse.

last I looked my bumpstop is a figure8 made of rubber and each loop compresses pretty easliy under load. maybe yours are torn off?

Shorter stiffer stops can be bought from energy or more cheaply by just using HB bumpstops of a JY rig.

last I looked my bumpstop is a figure8 made of rubber and each loop compresses pretty easliy under load. maybe yours are torn off?

Shorter stiffer stops can be bought from energy or more cheaply by just using HB bumpstops of a JY rig.

You looking at the rear?

Fronts have rubber and the front is minimal flex; rear is where I have impact/tire rub on inside body wheel well enough that it is shiny.

OOH like havin chrome almost!

Those pics make me laugh still; damn bumper and hitch were held on by a bungee cord after "some issues" pulling a Rubicon out

Edited by MikeV

You looking at the rear?

Fronts have rubber and the front is minimal flex; rear is where I have impact/tire rub on inside body wheel well enough that it is shiny.

OOH like havin chrome almost!

Those pics make me laugh still; damn bumper and hitch were held on by a bungee cord after "some issues" pulling a Rubicon out

I think your just missing rear bumpstops man...I got the 'figure 8' rubber ones that are pretty flexable.

Then I'll order the timbrens, they must glue the figure 8 things on cause there are 0 holes on the metal.

wierd not one of my 3 95's had them, not even 1.

No wonder I can superflex the rear to touch the body then...

Or I'll edit the inside wheel well to allow the flex;-)

Edited by MikeV

Here is a pict of the item...

Stuff006.jpg

My first pathy didn't have them, the second did. The jury is still out. They are 2"+ over the axle level (stock) and look like they limit axle movement by 4" or so minimum. That seems excessive, perhaps cutting off one loop? I'll have to pay attention and see...

B

I have also thought of swaping in the d21 stops... they are like a narrow triangle pointing down but about 1/3 the height. they may not squish as much but since they are sorter they may allow more flex b4 being fully squished.