I Found This...

new4x4r

It looks like it might be for a tensioner screw... check your belts, see if any are loose and check your accessory brakcets see if anything looks missing...

I'd agree 100%, the only problem is.... How the hell did the nut get back on. I doubt it "came off" by it's self :blink:

I'd agree 100%, the only problem is.... How the hell did the nut get back on. I doubt it "came off" by it's self blink.gif

Maybe whatever it was holding broke off.

the washer too! wow I assumed u found pieces and put them to gether but what would be the odds.Is it possible the whole bracket may have broke and vibration backded the srew out of the head?

Don't let us scare you. poke arround and find the truth.

Still dunno how big it is, but to me it looks like part of a throttle linkage or something - and quite possibly not yours. What looks like a washer might be the end of the ear. Maybe somebody removed it and just idly stuck it back together while figuring out how to fix it.

Could also be from any ol' hoopty and just got kicked in there when you ran over it. I see strange stuff like this in the gutter all the time while I'm walking my dog - mostly wheel weights and random nuts and bolts, though.

I dropped my old PCV valve while removing it and never found it - probably stuck in some grease or mud, then fell out later. Bet there's somebody else trying to figure out how it got in his motor mount.

hahhaa No it didn't fall off with the washer and nut on it, they were both stuck in there in separate places. I put them back together. The Bolt is about 2 inches long, the head about 3/4". It does look like a tensioner bolt. I poked around and didn't see anything.

well I found where it came from! The idler pulley for the AC belt. I removed the belt all together because the clutch bearing is seized. so the pulley must have been rattling around and fell off. Its amazing that the nut/bolt/washer all stayed with the truck after all the Mud days I've had. The pulley is gone though haha