Fuel Tank

pathydaddy

Do you have a gas smell inside and outside the car? If so it could be your Evap canister. Have you had your injectors checked? MAF? O2 sensor? Fuel filter? Those are all that come to mind at the moment.

no gas smell.. im tight on funds and having a shop check injectors and maf are kinda out of the picture.. i was planning on doing the fuel filter sunday any other ideas?

damn 200 miles to a full tank... still cant figure out why im getting such poor mileage...any ideas

Check the mileage based on how many gallons you put back in. Some people have said that there gage is a little off and they really have couple more gallons after hitting E.

Either way... I only seem to get 15 mpg out of my 94. There was a post of someone asking why they got bad mileage, lots of good suggestions in there.... a little search should find it easily.

damn 200 miles to a full tank... still cant figure out why im getting such poor mileage...any ideas

From my personal experience, any leak in the manifold or anywhere in the exhaust before the o2 sensor will cause your mpg to drop like a stone. Also make sure your coolant temp sensor is good. Those like to fail but for some reason mine is fine. :)

From my personal experience, any leak in the manifold or anywhere in the exhaust before the o2 sensor will cause your mpg to drop like a stone. Also make sure your coolant temp sensor is good. Those like to fail but for some reason mine is fine. :)

That explains alot!

Good advice.

Check the mileage based on how many gallons you put back in.

This. I have never put more than 18 gallons into the fuel tank at once in 5 years so pay no attention the the capacity, but calculate by the useage.

B