Running Lights

tekazgtr1984

Does anyone know how to check why running lights don't work? :scratchhead:

Mine have been functioning intermittently over the last while (i.e. I'll fire up the truck and they'll be on, go for a short drive, shut off the truck. When I turn it back on, the running lights don't work.) and I'd like to know how I can permanently remedy this issue.

Cheers! :D

I actually have the same problem, only mine dont work at all. One night my drivers headlight burnt out(or i thought it did) so i checked the bulb and its fine. My daytimes dont come on and my drivers head light doesnt work at all, but my passenger one works on low and high beam. Also the high beam indicator light in the dash comes on even on the low beam setting, but not when i just turn my marker lights on. Anyone have any ideas?

I actually have the same problem, only mine dont work at all. One night my drivers headlight burnt out(or i thought it did) so i checked the bulb and its fine. My daytimes dont come on and my drivers head light doesnt work at all, but my passenger one works on low and high beam. Also the high beam indicator light in the dash comes on even on the low beam setting, but not when i just turn my marker lights on. Anyone have any ideas?

How did you check the bulb? Did you swap it with the passenger-side headlamp bulb?

Since your high-beam indicator comes on all the time, the problem may be the multifunction headlamp/turn signal switch.

How did you check the bulb? Did you swap it with the passenger-side headlamp bulb?

Since your high-beam indicator comes on all the time, the problem may be the multifunction headlamp/turn signal switch.

Yes, I tried switching the bulbs and nothing changed. Good thing I have off road lights on my bumper lol. I just set it to the marker lights and drive with the off-road ones on. It looks very mean from the front. :D

You should both check the daytime running light module, it's behind the battery. Disconnect it, open it and check all solder welds. Mine was acting up and it turned out to be one small weld, easily fixed with a soldering pencil.

HTH!

You should both check the daytime running light module, it's behind the battery. Disconnect it, open it and check all solder welds. Mine was acting up and it turned out to be one small weld, easily fixed with a soldering pencil.

HTH!

Yes check this out. It was the same on my truck as well.

• 2 weeks later...