Tjm Bumper For Cherokee

Soccerstudd5

Did a quick search and didn't come up with the answer I was looking for, sorry if this has been brought up before...

I found some nice TJM bumpers made for a cherokee and was wondering if anyone has tried to put them on a pathy. I know some have used TJM from yota's, but didn't know about cherokee's. I know someone will say anything is possible with modification, but I didn't know if the brackets and such are similar or if it's significant modifications.

Here's the link:

Bumpers

There's also different range years, so didn't know what would work best.

Also found this. Looks like the one Slick has, but I think that's a smittbuilt IIRC

Double Tube Bumper

They look really good IMO and appear solid. What do you all think? Definitely cheaper than ARB...

TIA!

-Eric

Edited by Soccerstudd5

How bout getting an aussie to ship one over to you, or take measurements :aok:

Sorry, best link I could find.

http://www.carpoint....8825&fn=7401056

What kind of bumper deals to the aussie's have? I think $300's a heck of a deal if it fits... This week is a week from hell as far as school work goes so I'll have to look into it more this weekend. That does look like a nice bumper though, thanks for the link. beer.gif

Edited by Soccerstudd5

That looks good. I guess that's a TJM for a Nissan? How much do they run there?

Haven't seen one for sale, but the shipping would be a killer.

I still want a set of those widebody flares! At least a pair for the rear.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=249426513 pitty it's one of the rears missing...I'm guessing these look like mine on the 93.

TNZ are you able to get ahold of fenders like that?

I did once....No one wanted them :D Can't find the thread.

Yeah I've seen those, but they're still kinda pricey.. comparatively speaking of the ones I'm looking at.

How do you like it though?

If you're looking at a cherokee bumper for $300 or a guaranteed to fit WD-21 bumper for $500, you have to think of what kind of material cost, and labour cost (even if you're doing it yourself) into the cherokee bumper.

I really like the bumper, has worked very well for me this year, winched a couple of times, no issues.

Fit and finish is nice, welds were well done. No issues whatsoever. My only regret is not spending the extra money and had the integrated offroad lights in it, but I can always modifiy and add that myself down the road if I want.

The onlything with ken mtn, is that althought they deliver exactly what they promise, double whatever the delivery TIME is that they quote you. I don't know if I got them at the busy time of year, but mine almost took twice as long as promised.

If you're looking at a cherokee bumper for $300 or a guaranteed to fit WD-21 bumper for $500, you have to think of what kind of material cost, and labour cost (even if you're doing it yourself) into the cherokee bumper.

Yeah, but that's before adding anything... I've checked out the sight and everything you add to the "basic" bumper adds up real quick! I see what you're saying about having to modify, but I have a friend that works a machine shop and always has some scrap that I could use.

Well I emailed and got a width dimension for the bumper and it's 66.5 inches wide. It's rainy here so I'll go out and measure the pathy tomorrow, or I'm sure someone here may get antsy and beat me to it. But if not, I'll let you know what the stock bumper measures tomorrow. Could be a decently good "cheap" bumper option.... shrug.gif

Well I just went out and measured my front bumper and got 62". I was measuring alone so it could be off a little bit, but that's what I got.

Sorry it took so long!

I say you do it....even if it is only 62" then thats only 2" outside of the body, and if you don't like that you can just cut it down.... :D

Yeah, 2 inches wouldn't be that bad on either side, but the bumper already sticks out about 1.5 inches on each side. Cutting it down shouldn't be too bad, at least for my buddy in the machine shop. Just_Cuz_13.gif I'm definitely considering it... anyone wanna donate about $200? Lol