Fitting 33's on the AC lift

01silvapathy

But wouldn't a 1.5" spacer get you close to the same backspacing as a 3.2" backspace wheel ?

Not in the rear, the rear wheels will have the stock bs and since the rear flexes more it can tuck more easily vs a higher offset wheel. There is no need for an offsset wheel in the back. Up front is where the issue is, with the struts and yes up front will be about the same as the offset wheels, but that doesnt matter much because the front doesnt flex for sh!t

Yeah, but the front is where I was having rub problems. The rear was never an issue.

Not sure I agree the front doesn't "flex for @!*%". (That sounds like AlexRex garbage. Are you channeling him now ? :)) There is a fair amount of vertical "flex"/movement. The more plastic trim, the greater the rubbing up front. Yes, the lateral flex isn't as great as a solid axle, but what is ? Besides, unless everyone else here has been wheeling backwards, there's gotta be enough for it to work. :)

33's on a Pathy!! Wahhhh! I had trouble enough getting 31 x 10.5 Bighorns on mine.

I ended up using 90's Pajero alloys with 120mm backspace in 15" as I had already got the tyres. BUT

I also had to change wheel nuts as the Pajero and Pathy Mag wheel nuts were not only different thread (M12 1.25 for Pathy and M12 1.5 for Pajero) they were also slightly different diameter holes in the wheels and the Pathy nuts were a little loose.

I am happy with them, after a serious weekend away, I didn't hear them scrape at all.

I like to keep the flares and inner guard plastic stuff stock.

The finished product

bighorn-3.jpg

Nick

Yeah well, I ordered the 1.5 in wheel spacers last week and I should have them by the time I leave on tuesday for the Thanksgiving Holiday. If that does happen then on wends of next week the 33's should be on. The spacers I ordered are for a toyota, but have the same bolt pattern, and center bore big enough to clear the manual hubs all while using the stock wheels. Yeah im going to have to take off the front flares, and fold the bottom of the fenders in a bit, but hey its worth it to me. Pics of what was done will be up shortly after its done, depending on wether or not I can get internet at my grandma's place LOL.

I put 33x12.50s on my car when I got my lift and it didn't work for turning. I knew it wouldn't work but my brother agreed to lend me his tires to see what I could squeeze under there.

mycarw33s008.jpg

mycarw33s010.jpg

mycarw33s009.jpg

mycarw33s007.jpg

I Had to go with the 31"x10.50s for best performance...

pathyshowclubhouse010.jpg

SFD = sub frame drop?

Anybody have experience with a subframe drop lift? How about coil spacers? I've got the 2 inch coils from AC and want to increase my ride height and fit bigger tires. Any advice would be appreciated!

I would post a picture of my ride as it looks now, but I can't figure out how.

SFD = sub frame drop?

Anybody have experience with a subframe drop lift? How about coil spacers? I've got the 2 inch coils from AC and want to increase my ride height and fit bigger tires. Any advice would be appreciated!

I would post a picture of my ride as it looks now, but I can't figure out how.

I've heard of a bunch of people trying with the SFD but have only seen pictures of two successes. the R50 isn't meant to be a monster truck no matter how much we want it to be.

I've heard of a bunch of people trying with the SFD but have only seen pictures of two successes. the R50 isn't meant to be a monster truck no matter how much we want it to be.

Exactly. :aok:

SFDing is new territory for the most part when it comes to R50s. There are some out there, however. :happy:

And yes, don't expect to go much bigger than 32s with the AC or OME lift coils. Even with a SFD, 33-35" tires seem to be the norm but I've seen 37s. Anything is possible with enough time and money, though. :shrug:

BTW, nice pics. :beer:

Well unfortuneately, I didnt get my wheel spacers in time before I left school for thanksgiving break. I got a call the day after I left that they had come in :(. Anyways I finally got in the spacers and they will be going on in early january, no earlier. Im going to be in San Diego helping pack up stuff to move back to texas, then we will be driving from San Diego to Texas and be arriving in Texas on Jan 4th, so around then they should be mounted :D. About the guy who posted about this with the 33's what was the offset on those wheels looked to no be much at all. And you also said those were 12.5's im going to be going with an 11.5. Which has already been done- fukinitupagain runs a 32x11.5 mt on his with just a ac lift and he does just fine with that.

• 9 months later...

oooooook

so I've read all through this thread trying to make sense of things

I've just picked up a '97 R50 with all 4 tires worn out and all struts leaked right out, so that gives me a good excuse to go ahead with a 2" AC lift :)

however, I've got my non-running 4" lifted WD21 Pathy sitting out back... with a perfectly good set of 33" Micky Thompsons underneath her that I'm thinking would look great on the R50

and would really rather nooooot have to buy 4 new tires if I don't have too

SO, to summerize this whole thread, 33" tires can be fitted onto a R50 if all the following conditions are met:

2" suspension lift

1.5" spacers up front (for a total of... 3.75" ?)

factory offset in the rear

and either:

--- a good friend that's a bodyman

--- you yourself are a bodyman

--- deep pockets to pay a bodyman

--- or beers and a grinder

... right?

Edited by Manifesto

33x12.5R15

well 32.8 brand new, they're down to 6~7/32 from the original 21/32, so I guess they're closer to a 32" atm

noooot overly worried about the fenders, I have a grinder to solve clearance issues with those :P

Edited by Manifesto