Idler arm brace, and taurus fan mount

beastpath

As I am waiting for parts to show up I figured I would do some things to the truck that I have been wanting to.

Firstly, I remounted my taurus fan on the radiator using a piece of aluminum, and some furnature floor protectors as bushings:

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

Then I FINALLY did my Calmini Idler arm brace, and made a centerlink-idlerarm bushing from a energy suspension tie rod bushing. IDK how it will hold up, but its got to be better than the rubber one that fell apart when I took off the arm.

DSC01273.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

after cutting

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

Just thought I would share.

How many amps is the mean green & did you get a good price?

I have the dual battery system that Mean Green made years ago but only a 95 amp alty and may upgrade.

Looks nice and the bushing should work well!-)

How many amps is the mean green & did you get a good price?

I have the dual battery system that Mean Green made years ago but only a 95 amp alty and may upgrade.

Looks nice and the bushing should work well!-)

the mean green is supposed to be 180 amps. I got the one from 4x4parts website so it was a little pricey, like $350 (my dad "convinced me" to get a new alt instead of doing the quest swap by giving me $200 hehe)

thanks! I had been thinking about the bushing thing for a while. Would probably work for all the centerlink bushings.

Oh, and I got my Mean Green Alternator installed the other day too. :aok:

DSC01268.jpg

do you think that that alternator would fit on my 300zx z31? it also has a vg30e and the alternator is on that same side. I know the turbo ones have it on the other side. that would be a massive upgrade from my 70 amp i have now

do you think that that alternator would fit on my 300zx z31? it also has a vg30e and the alternator is on that same side. I know the turbo ones have it on the other side. that would be a massive upgrade from my 70 amp i have now

I'm pretty sure the alt is just a rewound stock pathfinder alt. If the Z uses the same alt I think it would fit. I'll recheck that they are the same size when I get the chance.

It should work just fine, the Pathfinder/Hardbody, Maxima, and Z all had the same mount until the Max and Z went to the dual cam heads.

I take it you don't like Calmini/Miller blue?-) (Miller Welding not nasty beer)

lol, you are right, I dont like the blue very much. Actually the guy I bought the brace from had already painted it black, I just touched up most of the areas where the blue was showing again.