A great tragedy

unccpathfinder

Hey all, I've got a friend that could probably use some thoughts and prayers. She worked with us for a month or so but she had to return to CO b/c her dad died. I was texting her last night and bitching about some stuff and she said she had to go. Later on I found this article. I feel like a huge asshat for what I was bitching about now and can't even imagine what she's and her family is going through right now.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/2009...entProfile=1001

A woman was killed and three people seriously injured in a three-vehicle, head-on crash east of Greeley this morning.

The accident occurred where East 18th Street, which also is U.S. 34 Business Route, intersects with U.S. 34.

The victim was identified as Camille M. Vannoy, 48, of Gill. Her two daughters were in the 2004 Dodge Caravan. Cicali Vannoy, 12, suffered minor injuries, while Hayley Vannoy, 8, suffered serious injuries. Tuesday was Cicali's birthday. The crash comes just nine months after Vannoy's husband, Phil Vannoy died at the age of 59.

Dale Lyman, spokesman for the Union Colorado Fire Rescue Authority, said two engine companies, a rescue company and a battalion chief responded to the scene just before 7:30 a.m. He said two people were trapped inside two of the vehicles and firefighters had to use power tools to remove them from the mangled vehicles. It took 15 minutes to get one of the victims out and 25 minutes to remove the other.

Simultaneously, Lyman said, other firefighters worked to mitigate any possible fire hazards from the crushed vehicles.

The accident was described as a head-on involving a mini-van, a small compact car and a small size Sports Utility Vehicle.

The Colorado State Patrol, Weld County Sheriff's Department, and Union Colony all responded to the scene, along with Weld paramedics.

For the full story, see Wednesday's Tribune.

I didn't know 100% it was her mom until I dug this morning.

Phil Vannoy

March 5, 1949-Jan. 11, 2009

Residence: Kersey

Tribute: Philander Hartwell Vannoy Jr. was born to Philander and Catherine (Ryan) Vannoy in Trenton, N.J. He grew up in Hopewell, N.J., and graduated in 1967 from Central High School in Pennington, N.J. He moved to Colorado to attend the University of Northern Colorado where he received his bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in business.

Mr. Vannoy worked as transportation director for the Greeley, Denver and Eaton area school districts and farmed in Weld County. He enjoyed traveling and boating with his “dock family” at Glendo, Wyo. He especially enjoyed the time he spent with his daughters.

Mr. Vannoy will be remembered for his caring and compassionate nature, his sense of humor and his love for life by his family and many friends. He died Sunday at the Hospice and Palliative Care of Northern Colorado inpatient unit, Greeley

Survivors: His wife, Cammy Vannoy of Kersey; four daughters, Melissa and Brittany Vannoy, both of Denver, and Cicali and Haylee Vannoy, both of Kersey; a sister, Mary Lee T. Zalmas of Lake Forest, Calif.; a brother-in-law, Jerry Meiser and wife Stacy of Golden; nieces and nephews, Amy, Justin and Brad Watson, all of California, and Katelin and John Varner and Kyle Meiser, all of Arvada; and a great-nephew, Troy Varner, also of Arvada.

Preceded in death by: His parents and a brother, George Vannoy.

yea...I couldn't imagine...I didn't know she had 3 sisters; only thought she had one. She's such a sweet, nice, caring person. I wish things like this happened to child molesters and people that don't serve a positive purpose to society. But I guess that's life; when it's time it's time even if everyone else isnt ready for you to go.

I would be an effing disaster. Seriously, lock me up, and put me on watch... I don't think I could deal with that.

And I agree... it never seems to be the people who deserve things like this. :(

That is so sad...what a shame. I couldn't imagine loosing both parents, or even one for that matter.

It's always the good people who are taken from us, rarely ever the bad.

I hope your friend pulls through alright and rejoices with the rest of her family, remembering the good times and all that her parents lived for, difficult though it may be...

Sorry to hear mate, the best thing you can do is to let her know your there for her if she needs anything, she is going to need the support of friends in the next few months to get her through the initial shock.

Sorry to hear mate, the best thing you can do is to let her know your there for her if she needs anything, she is going to need the support of friends in the next few months to get her through the initial shock.

:aok: and it looks like if she stays in AL i'll be able to drive down and check on her maybe every few weekends

Edited by unccpathfinder