need some help

SunnyTK

I just bought a 95 pathy for next to nothing, XE model (canadian), and it came with the oldest aftermarket deck i have ever seen in my life! however it was on its way out kinda. So I decided to replace it with my MP3 Sony Explode deck. Now, the wiring is all cut and crimped together on the old school deck that was in the pathy, but the wire colours are of that i have never seen before, there are a couple different colours and 3 black wires...

Anyways I was wondering if anybody knows where to find the wire colour diagram for the audio harness for the 95 pathy. It has the 8 speaker system.

(I dont know if that the fact its a canadian xe, makes the wiring different or not)

Another thing, The tach seems to be jumping around like crazy whenever the key is at the on position, and the truck has a bit of a rough start for 1 second.

I believe this is whats throwing the check engine light.

There is an exhaust leak from somewhere in the engine bay, it might be before 1 of the o2 sensors... im not sure, im not a mechanic lol.

heres a video on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrQtRSyyEs

Thanks in advance

Edited by SunnyTK

Exhaust leak is 99% sure the manifolds. Does it quiet down once the truck warms up?

CEL won't be illuminated by a bad tach. The digital guages in the 94-95 were horrible, and the tach seems the worst of all. Mine acts up periodically.

In terms of wire colours, I can't really help you without pulling out my own stereo, which I can do if no one posts anything up to help. There are 2 stock amps in the right rear quarter panel that might be bypassed in your current setup, hence the extra black wires.

my tach does that too... it's a common pathfinder problem. There are replacement clusters posted on ebay for about $100

If you decide to replace it and your trip odometer is mechanical, a cluster with a digital trip odometer will not hook up.

second vote for leaking manifolds

clean out your throttle body and MAF sensor (posted in garage section i think)... does wonders for start ups and evening out ur idle

For the stereo try this:

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Nissan/PDF/647029.pdf

Also check your codes, here is the how to:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21

Actually, the digital tripometer cluster will work in a truck with a manual one. Magregor has one in his XE (from an SE truck) and it works fine with no CEL or anything.

Thanks, ill check the ECU code when I get home.

As for the exhaust leak, I havent taken a indepth look yet, but its coming from the y-pipe area.

And for the pdf file for the audio wiring harness... The Big thing is that those wire colours are not correct. there are about 3 pink wires from my factory wiring and the factory harness is not there at all, so i cannot check the pinouts.

Thanks for the help guys

You have 2 connections by the Y. 1 before and 1 after IIRCI'm sure it is one of these. Don't let it go too long though, the pipe is very close to the bottom of the truck and can burn the floor board. Some members have literally started fires... Several threads about this and the various repairs. If you can't find them via the search function, let me know.

B

yup, i just finished checking it, and its right underneath the driverside floor before the o2... so that might be whats throwing the check engine light and the start up and running problem.

Ive checked alot of websites but i cant seem to get the correct colour diagram for the audio harness. :crossedwires:

Thanks again for the help guys

Actually, the digital tripometer cluster will work in a truck with a manual one. Magregor has one in his XE (from an SE truck) and it works fine with no CEL or anything.

... really now? It was my understanding that they were not interchangeable, I guess this is not the case?

I'll have to check with him cause I passed up on a digital one because I was under this impression

k well i played around with the wires by selecting front-left on the deck, and found a connection there and went on from there. Thanks alot for the help guys!

ps: I noticed that where the exhaust leak is, that the floor is getting pretty soft :ohno01:

k well i played around with the wires by selecting front-left on the deck, and found a connection there and went on from there. Thanks alot for the help guys!

ps: I noticed that where the exhaust leak is, that the floor is getting pretty soft :ohno01:

I'm willing to bet there is a hole there. Remove the carpet (take the door sill plate, long plastic thing, out and the kick plate to get to it). You should should be able to pull the carpet back enough to see the rust. Just get it before it gets to bad!