New from BC

Wanderer

I came across this site a few days ago and already it has been very usefull, there is so much good info on here. So I figured I would intoduce myself.

I just traded my '87 hardbody pickup (with the lack luster Z24i engine) for my buddies '88 2door Pathfinder because my truck blew the rear main seal and I didnt feel like fixin it :shiftyeyes: . The last few days we have been pulling the welded rear diff out of the Pathy and putting an LSD in it. The welded diff worked amazing off road but I wasnt comfortable highway driving with it in the snow up north this winter (someting about sliding sideways into an oncoming transport truck put me off lol). It has a 3" body lift and I am putting the 31"s off of my truck on. The only other Pathfinder I have owned was a '97 Klondike edition (not sure if that was only a Canadian model, nothin special though). Anyways I'll post some pics when I get it all finished and on the road.

Oh yea, while we were putting the LSD in we noticed that my buddies old parts truck had cast trailing arms (I believe thats what they're called, but forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm new here lol) instead of the regular ones. I grabbed the cast ones because the bushings were much tighter and the arm itself looked much more robust. Just wonder why only some came with the cast ones, while most came with the other type?

Cheers,

Paul

Welcome Paul, another member of the white 2 door club... :D

B

And just what is that supposed to mean?

Welcome and no need to wait until it's finished, post it up now! Heck who here can honestly say their trucks are truely 'finished'?

When I said finished I didnt mean FINISHED LOL I have had many project vehicles over the years ranging from a 350 whp '93 Mazda RX-7 TT to a '90 VW GTI, not sure if I have ever truly finished a project before sellin it :rolleyes: I will post pics as soon as I take some, the truck is over at my buddies which is on a different island.

@ Creekkid I am currently living on Salt Spring Island :wackinit: but movin up north for the winter to west of Prince George.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :hugs:

No worries, white 2 door owners are looked up to around here, especially if they used to be red... :shiftyeyes:

They are? I didn't know TNZ was a tall man. :D

Welcome to the funny farm, Wanderer!

Salt Spring is probably wicked if you dont live here, the ferries cost WAY too much money, I've probably dropped close to a grand in the year I have lived here. That being said, it is a much nicer place to live than southern Onterrible.

Question for you guys (might not be the best place to ask this but whatever), is the 2 door body shorter than the 4 door?