Lockright right price

maikan

Hey everyone

I have a 1999 R50 Pathfinder and I want to put a locker on the rear diff.

I am a poor student so I look for the best quality/price deal I can find.

And I chose lockright locker ; on US website they are listed about 280 to 300 USD.

In canada I did few calls and the best price I found is 429.99 CAD, about 400.00 USD.

Is this normal ? Is there canadians here who have found good price.

Damn I hate paying more for the same thing :nono:

HG46 - found on auto equipped pathfinders, 96-97 hardody 4 bangers, many Xterras and Frontiers. This one has some variation. Pre-2000 versions are the H233B axle with 4.625:1 gearing (31 spline axles). 2000+ is the H233B axle with 4.636:1 gearing (33 spline axles).

Lockrights will only work in the older 31 spline H233B.

This is from NICO forum.

It has been written by Desert Rat, the Trucks/Murano Moderator

This forum have a known reliability.

Since I have the HG46 on the door jam and my truck is 1999, so pre-2000 I guess I have

31 splines.

Then so I must be able fit a lockright in my rear end.

If there is something missing in my reasoning please let me know ?

I don't want to spend for no reason

yes your missing it. Dessert Rat was refering to some frontiers, the Dessert runner models, that had the wider axle housing, but used the 31 spline shafts...no pathfinder after 95 came with 31 spline shafts. if you dont believe me, please go ahead and buy it.

HG46 - found on auto equipped pathfinders, 96-97 hardody 4 bangers, many Xterras and Frontiers. This one has some variation. Pre-2000 versions are the H233B axle with 4.625:1 gearing (31 spline axles). 2000+ is the H233B axle with 4.636:1 gearing (33 spline axles). Typically comes with an R200 front axle, with the exception being in the '96-97 Hardbody pickups - those had an H233B / R180 combination. Axle shafts in the H233B were 31 spline up to about 2000, where they switched to 33 spline shafts. All Xterras and R50 Pathfinders received the 33 spline axles. In Frontiers, it can be a crapshoot if you have a '99-'00 model, though it is believed that the switchover was at or near 2/00 production date.

Not to be rude but I think you missed this part of the paragraph man...

If the axle housing is the same width you might be able to swap in some 31 spline axle shafts and 31 spline side gears. That would allow you to use the Lock Right 3220. Since you have to crack the differential case to install the Lock Right, swapping the side gears will be cake. Many H233b axle parts are interchangeable.

When I'm done with the rear on my truck (D21) I will have a real Frankenstein. LSD third member from a Xterra, LSD clutch pack from a 1995 WD21 Pathfinder, 31 spline side gears from a 1990 WD21 and 31 spline disc axles from a WD21.

Damn!

I taught he was talking about post-2000 :stickwack:

So it means that R50 cost a lot to mod for off-road.

Pretty worthless truck for me

hooo....you're touching a sensitive subject here... To be polite , I wouldn't say worthless here...... I say, raise the money, put a air locker and watch it go.... You get your money's worth with ARB...

I have great news regarding Nissan lock-right lockers going out in tomorrows e-mail newsletter.

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/newsletter.php

$300 is a really good price. I also offer the Lock Rights

Lock Right 31-spline H233B

Edited by SteeevO

I have great news regarding Nissan lock-right lockers going out in tomorrows e-mail newsletter.

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/newsletter.php

$300 is a really good price. I also offer the Lock Rights

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/powertrax-lo...-v6-p-3654.html

Link's all weirded out, Steve...

Damn!

I taught he was talking about post-2000 :stickwack:

So it means that R50 cost a lot to mod for off-road.

Pretty worthless truck for me

I hate to say this, but properly modding ANY truck is going to cost more than $400-$500. Yes, you can get cheap Wrangler "lockers" or LSDs but you're driving an unreliable vehicle with thin metal, poor build quality, no cargo space and the daily practicality of an ostrich. The R50 is a completely different vehicle - it is meant to be an everyday or "real world" vehicle that CAN, if the owner so desires, be modified to go offroad.

I also own a Toyota Tacoma. I can assure you that it has cost me more than $400 to make it capable offroad.

Yeah you right about the price to mod for off-road.

My word may have got beyond my mind.

But if I must go with ARB i' in for a lot of money.

I know they are the best of both world, but man, they are pricey.

I'm not a mechanic and I'm not rich. So I should begin to make mechanic friends

and save my $$$

OK I have my enthousiasm back now.

Thanks