Repair Manual Help - Which Is Better?

sthrnfat

Looking for a repair manual for my 2000 R50. Have had Haynes manuals in the past, but know there are other options and was hoping for some recommendations.

Found a few on ebay that look to be electronic files that they are sending out on a CD. Would prefer to have a printed version if possible.

i have a complete 2000 Nissan Pathfinder service manual (best type, wouldn't you say?) in PDF format on my computer at home. i will upload and host it when i get home, and send you a link tomorrow. bump this thread or PM me if i haven't gotten you the link by the evening.

the PDF format is indeed on a computer, but is easily printed out. i actually prefer it this way. i navigate the manual with Adobe Reader, find what i need and print out just those pages. the PDF files are very intuitive because they all hotlink among themselves for easy browsing.

|I agree with Alex - the factory service manual is what you want. The same info

a Nissan / Infiniti dealership uses.

Alex, you don't need to upload them - most years already available for free download courtesy of NICO Club:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/pathfinder/

Edited by FUELER

i've used haynes for years.. there is nothing wrong with it.. it is a bit easier to use then the FSM but of course it doesn't have as much info.

I've used both. For quick reference type of stuff, I'll use Haynes/Chiltons. Otherwise, if it's a complicated procedure, or the work I'm doing is critical to vehicle performance, I'll use the FSM.

There are discrepancies between Haynes/Chiltons and the FSM in terms of torque specs and fluid capacities in some cases.

I've used both. For quick reference type of stuff, I'll use Haynes/Chiltons. Otherwise, if it's a complicated procedure, or the work I'm doing is critical to vehicle performance, I'll use the FSM.

There are discrepancies between Haynes/Chiltons and the FSM in terms of torque specs and fluid capacities in some cases.

I found that the best way is to print off the sections of the FSM that you need, that way if it gets dirty you can just chuck the pages. Soon I'll be printing the whole thing though :)