No trip odometer

Tungsten

Well it looks like the trip odometer on my 91 does not work. Everything else on the dashboard works just fine except the trip odometer. All the fuses look good so I don't know what to look for.

do you mean the trip meeter or the trip(meter) and odometer? Both are mechanical units run off the spedo cable.

If its just the trip your reset button may be stuck. try pulling it gently outward and see if the gears engage and start working again. If not you can pull the cluster out and look I think I have a handfull of spare trip meter parts. maybe even a whole meter

1)bezel; 3 screws under the top of bezel and 2 under the bottom corners. there are 2 hidden snap clips so it POP! off when you pull. Disconnect switches and lights and set bezel aside.

2)culster; 4 very visable screws in each corner. pull straight out and unplug all wires.

3)dissaemble; 6 tabs hold the clear plastic on and 6 tabs hold the frame on(you can actually take the clear plastic and the frame off together)

4) now you just have the white back piece with all the guages, unscrew your spedo FROM THE BACK (so you don't have to mess with the needle) push the unit out and inspect.

just the both trip meters are stuck on 0s

Oh u have dual trip, I just threw one of those away, I'll dig it up, its from a stanza but the only physical differance is the posts for the reset and those can be swapped over.

• 2 months later...

yeah that happened in my 93 se with the dual trip it wil be pretty hard to fix i ened up just buy a new cluster. I have a cluster from a older pathy that had the orange on it that you could probably take your white inserts and put on instead if u want to mess with taking then needles off. You an have it for the cost of shipping. PM me

Tungsten: did you ever fix this because my trip meters just stopped working too.

No, I have not and at this point I don't even care about how many miles it is.

The odometer reads something like 211,111 miles right now and the numbers are all whacko and not even lined up.

I don't even look at it because I don't care. :lol: I do pull the dipsticks though to check the oil and trans fluid.

BTW, I know the 94 engine that was put in it at 125,000 had something like 250,000 miles on it.

Edited by Tungsten