Vacuum Line from '87 TBI

87NPFnewbie

All, I recently got a wd21 CHEAP! It has issues though.

The first issue I'm trying to tackle is the mess of vacuum lines that the previous owner left me...

I have found most of them using the Vacuum diagram from other areas of the forum but this one seems to be elluding me and I know its the cause of some of my engine issues...

Here is the picture of the one end that I know it belongs to, does anyone know where the other end goes?

post-24179-1250105701_thumb.jpg

All, I recently got a wd21 CHEAP! It has issues though.

The first issue I'm trying to tackle is the mess of vacuum lines that the previous owner left me...

I have found most of them using the Vacuum diagram from other areas of the forum but this one seems to be elluding me and I know its the cause of some of my engine issues...

Here is the picture of the one end that I know it belongs to, does anyone know where the other end goes?

post-24179-1250105701_thumb.jpg

I could be wrong but I think the other end goes into the air cleaner assembly (underside). It should have little pipes protruding to plug the hose into. I think that vacuum line has some thing to do with the mass air flow system.

MY1PATH should chip in here...

I could be wrong but I think the other end goes into the air cleaner assembly (underside). It should have little pipes protruding to plug the hose into. I think that vacuum line has some thing to do with the mass air flow system.

MY1PATH should chip in here...

I think your right,

I can look under the hood of my rig tonight and check.

I think your right,

I can look under the hood of my rig tonight and check.

There is one that comes off the tbi to the air filter housing but this one is not it unless it goes to a spot further along the intake (pre-filter)....

After i gave up on my electric fan wiring I check this out the best that I could, without taking the filter bow off. As far as i can tell, the hose snakes along the bottom of the intake hose then connect to the cap on your charcoal canister. So, if the hose is missing form the cap on that, or is there but not connected to anything, thats where it goes.

And it doesn't have anything to do with the Maf sensor. It's wear the TBI sucks in the gas vapours from you tank

After i gave up on my electric fan wiring I check this out the best that I could, without taking the filter bow off. As far as i can tell, the hose snakes along the bottom of the intake hose then connect to the cap on your charcoal canister. So, if the hose is missing form the cap on that, or is there but not connected to anything, thats where it goes.

And it doesn't have anything to do with the Maf sensor. It's wear the TBI sucks in the gas vapours from you tank

You did the electric fan conversion?