R50/Terrano Projector Headlight

I'd bet you can retrofit a rear hatch mechanism. I'm doing a retrofit of the hydraulic trunk opener to my BMW. If it works out fine, I may try something similar for the Pathy. (The BMW trunklid is NOT light.) I always thought we got hosed on the power hatch thing. Actually, I'm STILL annoyed the glass window can only be opened by the key!

So THAT'S what the holes in the crossmember are for. I mounted my PIAA relay to one. :lol: If it is that adjustable, I doubt it's plug and play in the sense I was thinking. You'd have to run the wire through the firewall, install the switch etc etc. Too much hassle when I'd be perfectly happy with regular, basic, non-adjustable HIDs. :)

Hmm... Found a junkyard with a QX4. Wonder if they'll deal...

You'll have to show me this hydraulic trunk opener for your E38. I'm very interested... :aok:

Oops, thread-jacked and totally off topic... :lol:

And yes, we got so hosed... so much sh*t offered by Nissan for its domestic market; the rest of the world only got about 25% of the good stuff, if that. :thumbsdown:

You'll have to show me this hydraulic trunk opener for your E38. I'm very interested... :aok:

Oops, thread-jacked and totally off topic... :lol:

And yes, we got so hosed... so much sh*t offered by Nissan for its domestic market; the rest of the world only got about 25% of the good stuff, if that. :thumbsdown:

Check your PMs.

I'm gonna go look at a QX4 assembly just to see how plug-and-play it would be.

http://www.cockramnissan.co.nz/shoppingCar....htm#headlights

About US$1,300/pair. See bottom of page.

If this sounds outrageous, consider that replacement QX4 HIDs run $800-$900 each new. :shrug:

Oh my God... you found it!!! Just wondering... I think it says: R50 L/H Headlamp for $800 and R50 R/H Headlamp for $1250... So total would be in the region of $2000 plus shipping. But I'm not gonna get it anyway... its too ridiculously expensive.

I think the blacked out headlights look great on my 01...

However their light dispersion is horrible as stated before. Thank god the fogs put out a lot of light. I wish I could get the HID's, but they are too damn expensive!

And GPG: I am pretty sure the QX4 comes with a hatch glass opening mechanism, so who knows how much of the hardware is already installed in the Pathfinder for the switch...

Nice pathy, Laxman... Its lifted, isn't it? Yeah... I got the same headlight housing as urs... I think the reflector is made out of aluminium foil. Installed a HID conversion to it and I think my halogen fog lights still disperse much better.

Prior to this, I didn't know that R50 in Japan was so advanced. I mean... the ones in Japan had adjustable HID beam with projector housing whereas what we've got in the States only comes with halogen beam. But I still like my pathy nonetheless... never failed me to this day.

Oh my God... you found it!!! Just wondering... I think it says: R50 L/H Headlamp for $800 and R50 R/H Headlamp for $1250... So total would be in the region of $2000 plus shipping. But I'm not gonna get it anyway... its too ridiculously expensive.

Well the fact that the website is in New Zealand, Using their currency (we assume), And then you do the conversion, it comes to $1382. Attention to detail, my friend...

Jose

Well the fact that the website is in New Zealand, Using their currency (we assume), And then you do the conversion, it comes to $1382. Attention to detail, my friend...

Jose

OHhh.... you were right.

Even with the exchange rate, shipping and insurance would be up there anyway... :shrug:

So these projector headlights are Xenon, not HID. That means both generation R50 Terrano are equipped with Xenon projectors...

My apologies for the misinformation. :doh:

Actually I think I confused the issue.

Xenon = HID most of the time. Xenon is the gas through which the electric current is discharged so some manufacturers call 'em "xenon lights" while others call 'em "HID". The terms are used interchangeably,

Actually I think I confused the issue.

Xenon = HID most of the time. Xenon is the gas through which the electric current is discharged so some manufacturers call 'em "xenon lights" while others call 'em "HID". The terms are used interchangeably,

Tomato, tomahto... Meh. :lol:

all Xenon lamps are HID, all of the time. but not all HID lamps are Xenon. an HID is a gas-discharge lamp that produces light by creating an electrical arc between two elements; versus a Halogen or incandescent which produces light by superheating a filament until it glows.

all Xenon lamps are HID, all of the time. but not all HID lamps are Xenon. an HID is a gas-discharge lamp that produces light by creating an electrical arc between two elements; versus a Halogen or incandescent which produces light by superheating a filament until it glows.

Thanks for clearing that up. :aok:

So both generations of the JDM R50 Terrano are equipped with a Xenon HID lamp as well as a Halogen lamp. Very cool... :happy:

typically, the hi-beam is a halogen

That sounds about right. My guess is the Xenon HID lamp more or less serves as a running light/headlight (the 4-way setting switch seems to indicate as much) while the Halogen lamp serves as a hi-beam (probably works great on the trails, too).