Frame russssst

2bit

I know it's bad but is it completely shot?

I'm kinda thinking it is. The only thing holding the "rear link thing" on is about a quarter inch of rusted metal.

P7250069.jpg

The frame is buckling were it's almost rusted through. Top left corner..

P7250070.jpg

P7250071.jpg

****** picture but where I'm pointing is all that's holding 'er together.

P7250074.jpg

I'm no mechanic or body shop guy, but I say you're playing with your life each time you enter the highway with this... If it lets go at 65mph, you'll probably regret it....

If it's your daily, I say rent a car for a week, and have you frame reboxed or solidified by a good 'soudeur' (don't know the word for the person who 'solder' ?)

S.

I'm no mechanic or body shop guy, but I say you're playing with your life each time you enter the highway with this... If it lets go at 65mph, you'll probably regret it....

If it's your daily, I say rent a car for a week, and have you frame reboxed or solidified by a good 'soudeur' (don't know the word for the person who 'solder' ?)

S.

I'm just wondering if it's worth it. The driver side (not shown) is half as bad so both sides need work.

I think she is a junker. There doesn't seem to be much solid frame left to salvage in the back half.

I've seen, and own one that is worse. It can be fixed. I'd hate to see you junk it just because it needs work. It looks like there is still good metal at the top there. Find a buddy with a welder and get to it!

And please don't go for those "go green scrap your favorite vehicle because it's killing the environment" programs. I've been pressured by my family to go for cash for clunkers, but I just couldn't let my baby get crushed.

And please don't go for those "go green scrap your favorite vehicle because it's killing the environment" programs. I've been pressured by my family to go for cash for clunkers, but I just couldn't let my baby get crushed.

hahaha, no worries there buddy. My '79 Bronco and '91 F150 are doing a lot more damage to the environment then this little truck.

ask around on prices to get it fixed!.. im still in the process of finishing my frame up, but ive been quoted from a case of beer to 1200 bucks! Place an add on your local kijiji or something that your looking for a good welder/fabricator. Anything can be fixed.

for the price of welding is it worth getting an old body from a wreckers (jy) and swapping over. a life isnt worth it. even if the body has been striped. most of the chassis get scraped anyway. probly pick it up for a good price.

I live in a really small town with only a couple mechanic shops. I will drive it down (slowly) to my mechanic this week and see what he has to say.

ew that's pretty bad. It doesn't look like there's much left to weld to. How is the rest of the frame? have you checked up front by the UCA's? If you have factory step bars on, I can pretty much guarantee it's gonna be bad behind the c-bracket mounts for those too. How are the brake and fuel lines on the backside of that frame holding up? If the truck has other problems with major components (engine, tranny t-case, severe body rust etc) i would be inclined to scrap it and get a fresh one.

ew that's pretty bad. It doesn't look like there's much left to weld to. How is the rest of the frame? have you checked up front by the UCA's? If you have factory step bars on, I can pretty much guarantee it's gonna be bad behind the c-bracket mounts for those too. How are the brake and fuel lines on the backside of that frame holding up? If the truck has other problems with major components (engine, tranny t-case, severe body rust etc) i would be inclined to scrap it and get a fresh one.

I'm no welder but I'm pretty damn sure there is no weldable frame left. I mean you could make a new section of frame rail and cut out the bad but that would mean new body mounts aswell cause the rust goes for a ways on both sides.

I'm going to go over this truck with a fine tooth comb and look for all the rust and make a call on it. See if she is a keeper or not!

That would be a good idea if I had the time, a welder and the know how.

I just spent a good 45mins crawling around on my back with a flash light and hammer. The back half has more soft spots and holes then I can count. On the inside of the frame, underneath, all over. In one spot it's almost completely rusted in half.

So, what would some one pay for a '94 auto with 187 000km with a garbage frame and a good amount of cab rot?

i just think you'll be spending a lot of money to get that fixed up. If it's more than $1500, you would probably be better off hanging onto the rusty one for parts, and getting a newer like jadm4x4 suggests. If you're around the vancouver area, here is a truck i myself would go check out (even though its red :rolleyes::lol:)

pathfinder in vancouver

damn, that's so sad :( i will not be driving either of my babies in the winter in indiana..... they are CA trucks, and i'd like to keep them in that condition. i'll be buying a winter beater when i get there next week

shame eyr not closer, just saw a lifted pathy, blue, 90, fer $2500 here (too much but it was nice)

That would be a good idea if I had the time, a welder and the know how.

I just spent a good 45mins crawling around on my back with a flash light and hammer. The back half has more soft spots and holes then I can count. On the inside of the frame, underneath, all over. In one spot it's almost completely rusted in half.

So, what would some one pay for a '94 auto with 187 000km with a garbage frame and a good amount of cab rot?

You wouldn't get more than 500 bucks outta it. UNLESS you were to trade it in for a new vehicle using the cash for clunkers....but if you have the space, i'd say keep it, go grab a non-rusted one with a blown motor, and swap!

You wouldn't get more than 500 bucks outta it. UNLESS you were to trade it in for a new vehicle using the cash for clunkers....but if you have the space, i'd say keep it, go grab a non-rusted one with a blown motor, and swap!

I would like to keep it and play/swap but I just don't have the space in my yard. In a couple of weeks I'm getting a junker F350 crew cab for parts, as well as my other two full size trucks.

It's a crappy situation but you just have to learn to let go. It was a nice truck, it served me well. :beer: