trouble installing an after market temp gauge

ac92pathfinder

im tryin to install a after market temp gauge that i bought from harbor freight but i need a reducer for the the sensor for the after market gauge. anyone hav e any issues my next place to try for the recucer is napa i tried ace hardware. heres the temp gauge http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=98481

when i bought the temp gauge it read 190 in the packet. when i ran the car it read the same went alittle higher. how do i reset it?

Edited by RedPath88
Marking the beginning of merged topics

You bought a Harbor Freight one didn't you?

Most of the stuff there is of low quality, somethings are "ok" and some are really not bad for what they are.

I personally would never trust my engine to anything from there :nono: My advice, if you did get one from there, remove it, take it back or throw it away and head to a real parts store and but a quality gauge. Gut that's just my opinion.

You bought a Harbor Freight one didn't you?

Most of the stuff there is of low quality, somethings are "ok" and some are really not bad for what they are.

I personally would never trust my engine to anything from there :nono: My advice, if you did get one from there, remove it, take it back or throw it away and head to a real parts store and but a quality gauge. Gut that's just my opinion.

I GOT ONE FROM KRAGENS END UP BRAKEING IT.

when i bought the temp gauge it read 190 in the packet. when i ran the car it read the same went alittle higher. how do i reset it?

it read 190 in the package? I am assuming that is not its minimum reading, correct? Take it back, if should read completely down at the lowest mark (at the peg if there is one) when it's in the package