Lift Questions

sthrnfat

New to the forum - have read through many of the suspension related threads - great information source here! Had a lifted Trooper a while back and have spent some time offroad.

Had a few questions that I hadn't seen covered anywhere....

1. Has anyone paired the AC front coils with the OME rear? Seems like the AC could be installed without spacers and would be closer to matching up with the OME rear coils. Should be closer to level without spacers.

2. How much lift have you gotten with the AC front/rear and with the OME front/rear over stock heights once the suspension has settled? Have seen a pretty broad range of heights, but looks like some of those were just installed and hadn't settled fully.

3. For those of you that have a steel replacement bumper (KMA, ARB, TJM or custom) - - what coils are you running on the front and did you notice added sag when you switched from the stock bumper? Also - is one of these a more direct replacement that will truly bolt on? Want an easy install with no welding required and want to keep the airbags functioning.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by sthrnfat

i wanted to do AC front and OME rear but unfortunately AC only sells their springs as a set of 4

I got the rears individually since I bought the fronts preassembled from Max, but it was expensive for just one pair...

The site has the AC coils listed as a set of 4 or as front and rear pairs - shows 4 in the pick, but the price is for 2.

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=2302

Would end up costing $30 extra to go this route for the springs ($180 for AC fronts and $150 for the OME rears), but you would save money on not having to buy spacers to level it all up.

I guess the big dilemma is whether it will level up and how it will all ride with this combo.

Edited by sthrnfat

i wanted to do AC front and OME rear but unfortunately AC only sells their springs as a set of 4

you can buy just the fronts, or just the rears. they do it that way so you can mix/match their many different coils to the needs of your vehicle. it's all on their website.

Edited by alexrex20

Are the struts likely to top out with just the 2" AC coils installed or is it only when you add strut spacers to the ACs?

Edited by sthrnfat

Are the struts likely to top out with just the 2" AC coils installed or is it only when you add strut spacers to the ACs?

With just the front coils installed you can expect considerable topping out at first and then becoming less frequent as the coils settle. Spacers will more than likely just add to the problem. :scratchhead:

Honestly, I didn't experience too much topping out. Maybe in the very first few days when going over stuff. But it's been fine since then. x2 everyone's comments on getting backspacing instead of spacers. Spacers = more stuff to go wrong potentially.