Honeymoon Trip

Kittamaru

WOOT! I'm a married man now :D *grins* Hells yeah:D

So, anyway, took the pathy on our honeymoon trip (still there actually :D) - week long stay down south!

If anyone lives near Mt. Pleasent SC, give me a yell :D

SO, anyway, made the trip down to Petersburg NC, where we were SUPPOSED to stay with friends, and I opened the hood to show my friend the engine - lo and behold, we made the ENTIRE trip down with the oil-fill plug off and sitting against the distributor cap... DOH!

My mechanic left it off by mistake... and I drove almost 650 miles with it off... surprisingly I haven't lost ANY oil and NO lights came on... lol!

Long story short - my friend was going to put us up in their "furnished" garage... yeah, no. So we drove down to SC and are staying with some of my relatives near the beach. *grins* And as of Monday I'm 21 and last night I had my first drink - a Kahlua Mudslide WOOT! Being buzzed feels funny :chairfall:

I've now done over 800 miles this trip, and we haven't even headed home yet :D So far, the ole gal is taking it very well... other than the normal "weeble wobble" on the highway when the Torque Converter locks in during long, gentle, left-hand turns, she rides like a dream :)

I'm a little iffy about putting so many miles on my BFG A/T's, but they don't look like they've worn at all.

I'll update a bit more when I get home - doing this on the laptop atm :)

I'm in Virginia now - we're staying the night, then going to the Baltimore Aquarium, and Hard Rock, and then heading home :)

I'm still curious about how the heck I made the trip with my oil-fill cap off... without it falling off my Dizzy Cap... 0o' Lucky I guess

Heh, she's sleeping :P I managed to wear her out earlier... surprisingly... *blinks slightly confused*

OH, btw - average mileage so far on this trip: 21.5 MPG. This is holding around 75 MPH average speed on the highway (and I was still being passed, ugh!)

Edited by Kittamaru

This is holding around 75 MPH average speed on the highway (and I was still being passed, ugh!)

Haha, that's I-95 for ya. If you're not going as fast as the route number, you're not going fast enough!

I guess... I did go approx 55 miles @ 85 MPH drafting a big-rig (no, not tailgating... you can draft a big-rig at 15 feet away, which is still enough for him to see you :) )

I'm in Virginia now - we're staying the night, then going to the Baltimore Aquarium, and Hard Rock, and then heading home :)

I'm still curious about how the heck I made the trip with my oil-fill cap off... without it falling off my Dizzy Cap... 0o' Lucky I guess

Fun trip. Probably too late now, but was gonna suggest skipping Balto altogether and spending the day in DC. Way more to see and do. I worked in Balto for 6 years and lived there for 2. If you saw the Aquarium and Hard Rock, you pretty much saw all there is to see. Except Camden Yards. But that's only fun during the season.

I topped off my clutch fluid one time before I went to URE...drove the hour up there and wheeled for about 4 hours and drove an hour back...got home and was looking the truck over and found the cap on the exhaust manifolds...it melted it a little bit but it still fit on the reservoir...I didn't loose any fluid and was amazed...needless to say i had to bleed the system out b/c i was worried about all the dust that got in the fluid