Another rim question

Nissan3

SO after waiting months and months for my MT sidebiters to arrive I have been informed the earliest ship date is now september, so I have decided to hell with the sidebiters. I have done lots of searching and the only wheel that has caught my eye (besides my old dc-1s) is this procomp 7089 wheel. Anyone think this will work with the R50?

thanks

SO after waiting months and months for my MT sidebiters to arrive I have been informed the earliest ship date is now september, so I have decided to hell with the sidebiters. I have done lots of searching and the only wheel that has caught my eye (besides my old dc-1s) is this procomp 7089 wheel. Anyone think this will work with the R50?

thanks

I've been thinking heavily about the side biters too, I had no idea there was such a lead time on them. Who were you ordering them form?

Billy

And with 4.5" of BS, you might only be able top get away with stock sizse tires, unless you get a 1.5" spacer to compensate.

???? stock rims are 4.5 BS and people fit 31's on those all the time.

I have 4.5" BS rims with 32" mud terrains on.

with a 3" backspacing, like you suggest, your pathfinder will look like those nissan sentras from the 90's that have 100 spoke rims that stick out way beyond the wheel well. You might as well install "curb feelers" at that point.

with a 3" backspacing, like you suggest, your pathfinder will look like those nissan sentras from the 90's that have 100 spoke rims that stick out way beyond the wheel well. You might as well install "curb feelers" at that point.

You're running 17x9 wheels right? And 4.5" BS works? Nice! :aok:

Hopefully, that means 15x10 with 4" BS should work fine to run 33s, maybe even 35s. :jig:

I've been thinking heavily about the side biters too, I had no idea there was such a lead time on them. Who were you ordering them form?

Billy

I was ordering from a local MT dealer near my hometown. MT kept screwing me around constantly changing the release date of the rims, when they officially released them they only had 2 sizes available for jeeps of course hahaha, so I said screw it after like 4 months of waiting using my crappy oem wheels. FUELER is your QX4 lifted at all? I use to have the dc-1s with 4" backspace and I had no problems with tire/strut clearence while runnin 31s but im hoping to bump up to 32's soon so im hopin they will clear, with the new 4.5"BS procomp wheels

huh...well, i take back what i say. Maybe it the tires from different manufacturers...hmmm...

you can run a 32 with 4.5? i've been mislead....

huh...well, i take back what i say. Maybe it the tires from different manufacturers...hmmm...

you can run a 32 with 4.5? i've been mislead....

AC (4x4parts.com) claims a maximum BS of 3.75" will only work with the 2" lift coils installed but that's definitely not the case. :scratchhead:

AC (4x4parts.com) claims a maximum BS of 3.75" will only work with the 2" lift coils installed but that's definitely not the case. :scratchhead:

I dunno. Maybe LE models are different but I had strut clearance issues with 4.25" BS wheels after the AC lift. Also, big time rubbing on the front fenders. Dropping to a 30" wheel cut the strut problem a bit but still left a lot of rubbing on the front fenders AND the bumper. Switched to 3" BS on a 16x7 wheel. That eliminated the strut problem entirely. Lots of room between strut and tire now. But STILL had front fender and bumper rub problems. Switching to KYBs from Rancho helped a teeny amount. But it was only after I basically halved the front fenders and cut like 1/4" off the bumper that I could get stuff to fit without rubbing.

32s right now (265/75 16) with a less aggressive tread pattern than earlier (BFG AT vs Wrangler MT/R). Front isn't a prob but now the rear fender rubs a bit at one particular angle. No way I can get 33s or 35s on without trimming more bumper (maybe another 0.5" - 1") and trimming rear fender (at least 0.5" off one spot).

So not sure how everyone else here is getting 17x9s and 15x10s and stuff. Maybe it's an LE thing or a stock bumper thing. Who knows.

I dunno. Maybe LE models are different but I had strut clearance issues with 4.25" BS wheels after the AC lift. Also, big time rubbing on the front fenders. Dropping to a 30" wheel cut the strut problem a bit but still left a lot of rubbing on the front fenders AND the bumper. Switched to 3" BS on a 16x7 wheel. That eliminated the strut problem entirely. Lots of room between strut and tire now. But STILL had front fender and bumper rub problems. Switching to KYBs from Rancho helped a teeny amount. But it was only after I basically halved the front fenders and cut like 1/4" off the bumper that I could get stuff to fit without rubbing.

32s right now (265/75 16) with a less aggressive tread pattern than earlier (BFG AT vs Wrangler MT/R). Front isn't a prob but now the rear fender rubs a bit at one particular angle. No way I can get 33s or 35s on without trimming more bumper (maybe another 0.5" - 1") and trimming rear fender (at least 0.5" off one spot).

So not sure how everyone else here is getting 17x9s and 15x10s and stuff. Maybe it's an LE thing or a stock bumper thing. Who knows.

Keep in mind, my truck currently rolls on 32s (265/75R16) with a 16x8 wheel (pretty sure the BS is 3.75"). My reference to 33s, 35s and 15x10 wheels pertains only to options post subframe drop. With 2" coils, there's no way 35s are remotely possible.

• 4 weeks later...
Well I finally got my new wheels and decided to slap some new rubber on as well. So here it is. 16x9 atx artillery wheels with 275/70/16 bfg all terrains.

Cool. Do the 275 width tires fit without rubbing ?

Edited by GoPathyGo

Cool. Do the 275 width tires fit without rubbing ?

Ha, ya they rub quite a bit. I had to trim with my old 265 tires, now with these 275 i had to cut more of the fascia, push the plastic well in and i had to push the plastic in on the back of the fender as well. But was well worth it i think.

Ha, ya they rub quite a bit. I had to trim with my old 265 tires, now with these 275 i had to cut more of the fascia, push the plastic well in and i had to push the plastic in on the back of the fender as well. But was well worth it i think.

Good to know. D'you have a closeup shot or a description of how you pushed the rear plastic in ? I have a bit of rubbing on the rear with the 265s but reluctant to do major surgery there since there are more important things in that footwell area.

Thanks.

Use a propane torch, and some gloves--maybe even some chrome tools to heat and shape...I haven't gotten mine perfect, but it is worth stopping that

"freshly ripped the bumper off the car parked next to you sound"!

Edited by 02silverpathy

I gotta say you and I have very similar taste. I was all about the Sidebiters and today found out that they won't work, my 2nd choice is the artillery but want to see what the black finish looks like. I spoke with Mt today and they said because of the backspacing and offset they'll NEVER work. I also found out why they're on back order but not from MT. Another wheel dealer said that when they created the molds they had the wrong backspacing and had to recall most of the rims produced. They're working on a new mold now and should be back into production soon.

I really like the artillery but have a feeling that the teflon is going to be junk. One dude told me that it scratches easily and has a bit of a dull finish. I might back back to my first choice which is a lot more expensive.

RBP-3_Black.jpg

Billy

Edited by EmptyV

I gotta say you and I have very similar taste. I was all about the Sidebiters and today found out that they won't work, my 2nd choice is the artillery but want to see what the black finish looks like. I spoke with Mt today and they said because of the backspacing and offset they'll NEVER work. I also found out why they're on back order but not from MT. Another wheel dealer said that when they created the molds they had the wrong backspacing and had to recall most of the rims produced. They're working on a new mold now and should be back into production soon.

I really like the artillery but have a feeling that the teflon is going to be junk. One dude told me that it scratches easily and has a bit of a dull finish. I might back back to my first choice which is a lot more expensive.

RBP-3_Black.jpg

Billy

Thanks for the comments. For the plastic shaping i just used a heat gun i got from canadian tire, $15bucks and it came with some tools i assume are from shaping things at least thats what i use em for anyway. But i will get some photos of that tonight. MT though what a bunch of retards, I wish they just announced that in the first place so i didn't wait 6 damn months, but i guess they wanted my money out of me. I was initially going for the black artilleries as well but couldn't find any as most places were on backorder so i just got the chromies for an extra 10 a wheel and glad I did. I've also heard mixed feelings about the teflon... but those rbp wheels are pretty sharp man nice and clean looking.