Old Man Emu Shock (OME) - Opinions?

BonnerBB

I know search is my friend but OME and OLD MAN EMU gave me no search results in the 90-95 pathfinder forum section.

My truck rocks! It will go anywhere I point it. It is in need of some new shocks so it rides a bit smoother.

Any opinion on the OME Shocks in whole? Below is what ARB the owner of OME said to get.

OME N26F for the front. $82.99 each

OME N42 for the rear $82.99 each

OME 920 rear spring $150 pair

OME Steering stabilizer $74.99

Not sure I am going to do the rear spring and steering stabilizer right now...

I am choosing OME because I had them on my Toyota 4 runner and they made the vehicle ride like butter over the terrain. :)

Anybody know of anyone on the forums here that actually has a pair of OME's on their pathfinder?

Spring or not to spring?

Steering stabilizer or not?

Thanks,

B-

Since your sig states that you have 33s I would definitly put a steering damper on it. It made mine drive so much nicer over crap roads. And here in canada that is all of them.

I know search is my friend but OME and OLD MAN EMU gave me no search results in the 90-95 pathfinder forum section.

My truck rocks! It will go anywhere I point it. It is in need of some new shocks so it rides a bit smoother.

Any opinion on the OME Shocks in whole? Below is what ARB the owner of OME said to get.

I am choosing OME because I had them on my Toyota 4 runner and they made the vehicle ride like butter over the terrain. :)

Anybody know of anyone on the forums here that actually has a pair of OME's on their pathfinder?

Spring or not to spring?

Thanks,

B-

I will say no to the stabilizer. I run 33's, with the same steering setup as you, and have never felt a need for it. Granted, my steering is in good shape.

I believe a stabilizer will simply mask problems, making it tougher to tell when something's amiss with the steering components.

From what I've heard, OME is top quality stuff. I wouldn't hesitate if that's what you want.

I will say no to the stabilizer. I run 33's, with the same steering setup as you, and have never felt a need for it. Granted, my steering is in good shape.

I believe a stabilizer will simply mask problems, making it tougher to tell when something's amiss with the steering components.

From what I've heard, OME is top quality stuff. I wouldn't hesitate if that's what you want.

Thanks Simon -

I just replaced all my tie rods, put in a Hoo Haa centerlink, and Calmini idler arm brace..

So I guess you could say my steering is in good shape too.. :)

Thanks again!

Edited by BonnerBB

They seem to be popular with touring patrols and crusiers here in OZ , and have only heard 2 stories of them snapping in half but our corrigations are pretty nasty and thats loaded with touring gear . Have been offroad in a Toyota Prado with OME and is simalar in size to a pathy and it was a nice ride . :02:

The roads over thier must be good if you don't need a stabiliser ?

I think the reason many people in the U.S.A. don't use OME shocks/springs on WD-21's is because OME only offers .75"s of lift.

(Talked with Glen at Rocky Road Outfitters & he says it's more like 1.75 on a 2door with no rear carrier. :shrug:)

But most guys/gals (who live where it's not illegal) want 3+3 to run 33's.

Spring or not to spring?

Thanks,

B-

Edited by jitterymonkey

I have the OME shocks and springs. I agrea with Jittermonkey, they do not add much lift. I like them just fine, but I don't realy have anything to compair them to.

Did they ride like butter when you first put them on compared to the stock shocks?

Edited by BonnerBB