Leather/Heated seat swap

92Pathmaker

Has anyone here done this? A guy will give me both front seats for $50. I know I will have to do the wiring for the heat, but just wondering if the tracks will match up. Thanks :handlebars:

This is for WD21

Edited by 92Pathmaker

I Saw the topic in the garage that said the XE has the wiring already. I looked under the driver seat and didn't see anything. Would the plug be exposed or under the carpet? Is it rare or common to have it? The one that had it was in Canada :scratchhead:

I swapped SE seats into my XE. They bolt right in. Also the wiring for the heat seat to the fuse panel was there, and the fuse was even in the fusebox, but the wiring that goes from the switch to the seat isn't. You'll need to swipe that and the switch from the donor.

My 93 has the little blue connectors under the seats for the heat option. They might be tucked under an opening in the carpet on your's.

I only looked under the driver side and under the carpet there is a blue with three wires and a white one with seven wires. I haven't had time to test them with the test light, but it sounds like the blue one is the one I want.

That makes this a really easy swap if you just plug it in then wire in a switch.

Thanks for the info

buy them anyway. Even if it doesn't have the stock wiring it shouldn't be particularly hard to wire them yourself. 50 bucks is a great deal for heated leather seats.