patrol engine in Pathfinder

JonesyUSN

so i was thinking more and more about a diesel cus im getting tired of using 93 octane.. anyway the reason im bringing this up is because when i get to my first duty station i was gonna order an engine from japan.. but i was thinking that a diesel would be fun.. plus id get to learn how to work on a diesel.. which i would really like to know because i am exposed to so many different engines and vehicles

which one

the 4.2L or the 3L

i would like to see you fit either of em, it would be a tight fit

awesome tho

if you can get one cheap enough, WITH diesel pump, & can be bothered making it work then go for it.

nothing a custom bell housing would fix

:aok:

Just outta curiosity, have you ever seen a 4.2?? They are HUGE!!!!

I would gaurantee there would not be enough room for one in a pathy. The TD27 in my Terrano was as long as you would fit!!!!

Check the pic of my engine bay, thats a TD42.

Ah, there you have the catch!!!

You see a v8 has two banks of 4 cylinders side by side, so technically it is the same length of a 4cylinder engine.

The TD 42 being a straight 6 is half the length again of the 4cylinder.

If you want, as im curious about this my self, i will do a rough measure up of the engine, and then the engine bay. Interesting to see if the possibility is really there to do it!!!

I honestly think its way to long!!!!

Not to mention heavy!!!

Maybe some serious suspension beafing up my need to be done.

As for being clean, if you catch the mud before it has time to get a good bake, and you use plenty of silicone spray, it stays pretty clean, look at the hood lining!!! ;)

heck yeah measure that mother up.. when i get to my duty station.. ill get my sign on bonus.. and i was looking at dropping up to 3k into this new motor thing.. and i might even do a 5.7 and since the 350 will fit i might see what i can do about a 5.6 endurance..

i was using it because i was experiencing spark knocks and it helps take them away.. im thinking if i get a new knock sensor it will cure it but that will kind of expensive.. anyway my truck has about 130-140k miles.. so its better for it anyway.. it runs better.. i dont believe its necessary

Got those rough dimesions for ya:

900mm long (bell housing to fan)

600mm wide(intake manifold accross to exhaust manifold)

750mm high (bottom of sump to top of air intake)

575mm from bottom of block to top of rocker cover if you built your own intake and sump.

You would have real problems with the sump on a transplant i think, as you would have to build your own to fit around the IFS set up, and not to mention the fact that it has to hold 9 liters of oil!!!!