talking to much about food, my path got ...sandwiched

Pinip

...i might be to old to cry...or to comfortably...numb...either one...i am laughing...

...drove for the last 40 years...no accident... drove down to Montreal few months ago...6 hours ago driving through this heavy duty freak hour traffic, 10km an hour, clutching, unclutching, brain becomes a radar about any jerk move from anywhere... declutching, i am in the middle of 3 lanes... hear an engine reving up...look in the mirror ...see few pieces of 3 cars flying all over... one car rams into a post, another one stop (actually the first responsable) and the third one happens to be a BMW X5... picking up speed 25 feet right behind me... i thought '' non pas ma voiture ?'' i just have time to put it in neutral and it rams into me...

pushing me...i find myself laying on my seat ( I followed the seat !) i stand back up on the seat (actually, raming into the car in front of me helped me to do so !!)

... crashing noise finally stops... i try to get out...door jammed, i see one guy screaming at me to get out fast, my gas thank leaks... i take my time ,cross over the passenger seat and ram into the door to open it... and get out...my poor little path in squezzed badly between this bavarian works and 3 cars in front of me...

...no one is hurt 3 cars are going to scrap... mine beiing to most hit...sniff... ( i got a cold )... but we were chatting smiling looking at fireman, police, and towing doing their jobs...but one guy stood apart ffrom the group... the nut that started all this... he got nailed for dangerous driving... but i met him afterwards at the towing station, i smiled at him...saying that no onre was hurt...i got a scratch from picking up stuff through my back broken window...

i never showed you pictures of my path because it was not as nice as yours, i invested $2500, just in parts so it would run properly and no more rust, and it was still on primer... but i have to go back tomorrow, and i will take pictures to show you... my secret love...lol... i laugh, but there are tears running down...

the platform towing guy knew about Pathfinders...he told me 1991 to 1994 were the best made 4x4 at that time... that made my day...of consolation

P.S. i was so happy about my home made bumpers, but i should have shout my mouth about them... cause it made part of my back frame , bend, although it wasn't rusted... lol... my new radiator...finish... !! i'll find another Path

Edited by Pinip

I am very sorry to hear that.... I would like to see the pics so I can mourn for it. :blush02:

tomorrow... but you know... that is life... and it took seven cars to kill it !!

I am very sorry to hear that.... I would like to see the pics so I can mourn for it. :blush02:

you are laughing at me ?!?? mahhhh...you know i realize... in every man, there is a boy with his dearest toy...

Edited by Pinip

you are laughing at me ?!?? mahhhh...you know i realize... in every man, there is a boy with his dearest toy...

I would never laugh at a great car that got destroyed. I like cars better than people.

afterall we have a shared love of fiats....

Edited by beavis0076

non pas ma voiture

I can still read some french...I would have been thinking MERDE (wonder if i spelled that right)

Very sorry to hear about the truck...glad that you're keeping a pathy in mind in the future...you could always buy the pathy back from insurance if you have a place to store it for parts for a new truck and even part out the good parts for upgrades on a new one...

Best of luck in finding a new pathy! Glad you're alright...

I would never laugh at a great car that got destroyed. I like cars better than people.

...sorry beavis0076 i over reacted... i somehow feel dumb to have been so attached to this project of this Path. Some people have cats, some other, dogs, and for me it was keeping ingeniousity of mechanics in best working stage... just like every one here...

...When i read those lines of yours, just about all, every day, as an exemple Unccpathfinder, starting from scratch, spending so much time on his machine ! ( just to name an example,) it makes me dream of such tenacity... and you encourage a lot of us to keep this dream, in each of us, alive !! I know those machines have been made complexed but still... well done...

Merde, merde, merde, as you say no one was hurt...it's a wonder...still rewinding and playing the movie in my head... thank you for your ''humanitude'' ( you won't find that in a dictionary ).. i invented this word for :the capacity of humanity...

As you say, to took 7 cars!!

Very happy to hear everyone is ok.

yes... i was pushed over 3 cars ( the one in front of me goes to scrap, and 3 behind me, the one behind the BMW x5 goes to scrap to...and mine... i was right in the middle... imagine, the ashtray opened on the impact...and its content on the carpet...before the acccident, it was close... the third car in the back must have drove pretty fast, cause when i saw what was coming before the impact ( the BMW had been hit and coming faster on me going i'd say 50km...i think she pressed on gas pedal instead of brakes), i had time to put in neutral and apply brakes...but on the impact my seat layed down with me in it and my feet went of pedals, in the air...so much for trying to brake...lol... i was going 5 to 10 km an hour

Edited by Pinip

well I'll give you a good story on how I ended up with a pathfinder...I was 16 I borrowed $500 from my boss to get the other $500 that I didnt have to buy an 86 bronco II that was in immaculate condition...the guy could have gotten $3k out of it...well I had it for 5 days...I spent a summer day giving it a tune up and getting it all cleaned up to take the GF out that night...well I don't know if i fell asleep at the stoplight or what...it was late and I dont remember anything from the wreck but being at a red light...I got hit head on and sued b/c I was 16 and "at fault" b/c i turned in front of him but he hit me straight up and sued me for 80K...he got like 5k but he was a con artist and had 6 cases where the same thing happened and he sued and won...he mentioned to me rolling his car 2 weeks before and that is when the insurance co investigated...he claimed back injury on each on and was currently pulling workmans comp for back injury and had pictures of him carrying 4 sheets of plywood at the time over his head...nothing but a ............ so the insurance gave me $4k for the bronco and the 87 was on the POV lot...they wanted 4200 my parents used $1k of the money to redo their bathroom and we offered him $3200...it sat out there for about 2 months and i hated it b/c it had the 235's on it and hte ass end was way up in the air b/c the Tbars were sagging...well i was painting a house for $ and my mom and my aunt pull up in it going here is your new truck...my uncle died of lung cancer and was a big nissan guy so my aunt made me get it...i dont regret it one bit...

ok monsieur Path...Fiat...by the way it might be Fiat whose gone buy part of Chrysler moahaha !!

I'm very sorry to hear!! The important thing is that no one was hurt.

Still, when your project/baby is destroyed, that hurts too.

The only way is to look on the bright side that you can search for the perfect Pathfinder for you. Think of the first one as practice. :shrug:

One crazy Canadian spent months looking, bought one in Florida and drive it back north. I believe he is extremely happy with it.

the platform towing guy knew about Pathfinders...he told me 1991 to 1994 were the best made 4x4 at that time...

Agreed, but what about 95??

i think she pressed on gas pedal instead of brakes

She must have... :rolleyes:

B

I'm very sorry to hear!! The important thing is that no one was hurt.

Still, when your project/baby is destroyed, that hurts too.

The only way is to look on the bright side that you can search for the perfect Pathfinder for you. Think of the first one as practice. :shrug:

One crazy Canadian spent months looking, bought one in Florida and drive it back north. I believe he is extremely happy with it.

Agreed, but what about 95??

She must have... :rolleyes:

B

...well. just see by yourself... went there this morning... first and last pics !! i call the insurances the lady asked me if i had an airbag...i said i had a pillow just in case :whip:

http://community.webshots.com/album/571389603aXYTiq :clickdalink:

Edited by Pinip

ouch...ça fessé en tab...k , T'es chanceux de pas t'avoir fais mal au dos... profites-en pour t'acheter un autre path pis reviens nous !...

A+

...oui,yes, je,i, vais, will, essayer, try, d'en trouver, to find, un autre, another one, pas trop rouillé, not too rusty ...pfffff

Edited by Pinip

well. just see by yourself...

Holy crap!! How much of the body buckling in front of the rear axle was from a rusted frame that failed? She hit you really hard!!

I like your bumpers. Clean and simple, and they obviously worked very well.

Sorry again.

*sad*

B

...oh and yes...while talking to the cops..you know...drrivers license and all, in my hand i had, in a semi-transparent plastic bag, 2 cartons of native cigarettes... from Kanawake :ar15: they didn't even see it

Holy crap!! How much of the body buckling in front of the rear axle was from a rusted frame that failed? She hit you really hard!!

I like your bumpers. Clean and simple, and they obviously worked very well.

Sorry again.

*sad*

B

wel the Bmw x5 was higher than me...so her bumper rammed on top of mine, pushing the frame downward, her thing weighted 4500 american (german ) ground beef pounds cause it was rusty only on the surface and it bent six or seven inches from the bumper... she was smashed to, her radiator emptied ... her hood bent...but her airbag did not go off since she hit the soft part of my path...between the back door and the bumper..my fuel thank lowered... so i guess she dugged between the frame and the body

Edited by Pinip

aw nuts/desole

you got bumped pretty good

i take it the accident happened while everyone was rushing home for 6:00 dinner on the button ;)

too bad, but at least you get to find a new pathfinder, i hear that 1995 was an excellent vintage for them hahahaha

glad you are ok. hope your neck doesn't get sore over the next couple days

aw nuts/desole

you got bumped pretty good

i take it the accident happened while everyone was rushing home for 6:00 dinner on the button ;)

too bad, but at least you get to find a new pathfinder, i hear that 1995 was an excellent vintage for them hahahaha

glad you are ok. hope your neck doesn't get sore over the next couple days

...a bottle of wine a day, keeps the doctor away... :friday: no cars around...i can sip quietly... :rofl:

..i was very calm getting up back up my seat and getting out...i was checking if every one else was ok... You say 1995 was a good vintage ? i mean Pathwise ?

Edited by Pinip