Brush Guard

brush guard only, I belive you have to run the outer bumper bolts thru it.

there is a rare winch version(I missed out on one) that has aditional anchors where your tow hook(s) go. I sticks out a little more and features a winch plate & cutout for a fairlead.

Brush Guard, Light Bar, "possibly" usable as a light duty push bar (but I would not count on it, without seeing it in person)... but not heavy duty enough to be a winch bumper.

The whole idea of it possibly being usable as a light duty push bar hinges on it's mounts. From the pic it appears that it mounts to the frame and in place of the stock tow hook(s) If that is the case then it should use two bolts per side.

i found this pic, and theirs looks a little like the one im lookin @, and they have a winch

4985.jpg

That one is different, the side bars do not wrap around the corners and the pic of the one you are looking to buy does not appear to have any kind of a winch deck (for mounting) on it.

The Maniks are guards only, and can not support a winch. You could probably rework it if you have some fab skills, so that it could mount one. As they come though, they only mount to the factory tow hook mounts, so it would just bend forward if you tried to bolt a winch on and pull something.

The Maniks are guards only, and can not support a winch. You could probably rework it if you have some fab skills, so that it could mount one. As they come though, they only mount to the factory tow hook mounts, so it would just bend forward if you tried to bolt a winch on and pull something.

How much modification? I don't have the tools to fab it up, but there are alot of places around here that will fab it up @ a discounted price for me :)

and for the cost of having them modify that one, they could probably just weld in something custom ;)

Edited by OldSlowReliable

Basically you would need to find a higher place on the frame to additionally mount it. Make mounts that go from that point and attach to the brushguard, then make a mount tray on the brushguard for the winch. Some winches come with a mount plate that you could have welded onto the brushguard, or brackets welded to the brushguard that the mout tray could bolt to.

Here's what mine looks like, it came that way when I got it. It has holes drilled in it that went to a winch at one point in time. I don't know if it's stock or not. The whole thing mounts to the frame via 2 bolts on each side. There is another set of mounting bolts up higher behind the bumper.

IMG00124-20090421-1726.jpg

IMG00125-20090421-1727.jpg

IMG00127-20090421-1727.jpg

Edited by Kingman

the Manik bushbar is what i had on mine until some (expletive deleted) stole the truck and stripped all my goodies.

It looked great...but i found it to be more hinderance than help.

Installation requires removing the front tow hooks and the bushbar wasnt very strong. I bent it pretty quickly when i had to use it as a recovery point. After it got bent i had a miserable time tryin to keep it from rubbing on the corner of the truck and even gettin to the hood release.

I'm curious to see if any mods will take care of those issues.. keep us posted :)

Yeah, its an hour drive to get it, and ima see if i can get it below his listed price...the xtra pictures he sent showed its not in the best of shape....

And from some other's rigs ive seen and such, i think i can have the local shop fab it up to be a winch/stinger for under 150 bucks (reinforcing it too)

Its a manik brush guard, heres the supplied picture-

It looks like it has two holes for lights, but idk bout a winch :(

I saw that add too. I was debating but I think I'm just going to fab some new bumpers instead. It seemed like a good price though.

I saw that add too. I was debating but I think I'm just going to fab some new bumpers instead. It seemed like a good price though.

yeah, im talkin with some shops around here, cause in the end it may just be cheaper to fab up a winch mount vs 50+gas+fabrication

so many options :S