Ever wanted a better slingshot?

88pathoffroad

I was just standing outside my front door watching squirrels run up and down the fence and trees...wishing my slingshot didn't have a broken band. Then I started thinking, why doesn't anyone make a bad-ass slingshot you can actually aim and have a hope of killing something with? I've bounced 1/4" and 3/8" steel shot OFF OF squirrels from close range with my old $8 "wrist rocket" slingshot before and they run away! DAMMIT!

So I did a little searching and found this.

ops55.jpg

The PS55M laser slingshot with magnum power band.

The PS-55M is every hunters dream. The PS-55M with its breath taking accuracy, ease of use with the reddot sight, twice the penetration, and greater range this slingshot simply ROCKS! The PS-55M uses a tapered band to provide a higher energy transfer to the projectile, and thicker rubber tubes for an overall increase in power. This slingshot is not for the weak of heart, or muscles! If you want the very best, the PS-55M is the way to go.

I WANT ONE!!

http://www.catsdomain.com/

those red bands are waaaay better than the traditional surgical latex tube. i like shooting 9/16ths nuts with them. they make a cool sound

Greg: that's the one I have with a broken band.

B: Squirrels are evil incarnate. I've seen ten feet of unjacketed .500 CATV cable chewed bare through a tree with the center conductor open to the weather and broadcasting CATV signal into the atmosphere. I've had to repair hundreds of squirrel-chewed lines. Squirrels cause more power outages across the US than lightning does. I've had squirrels run at me when I'm trying to hang on to a ladder on a pole. My brother got attacked by one when he was up a ladder, it ran under his arms and down the ladder between his legs!

Story time:

One day I was working on some cable and I felt a vibration from the line I was resting my arm on. I looked over and lo and behold here comes a squirrel, running towards me!

I quickly moved the bucket over a few feet from the pole and grabbed the line, shaking the CRAP out of it.

The squirrel did his damndest to hang on but I put up more of a fight than he could handle. His hind legs slipped off and that squirrel did three loop-de-loops around that cable with his tail streaming behind him before sailing off high into the air!

It landed on a lawn and ran away. I laughed my ass off while some lady in her driveway up the street glared at me. :D

The squirrel did his damndest to hang on but I put up more of a fight than he could handle. His hind legs slipped off and that squirrel did three loop-de-loops around that cable with his tail streaming behind him before sailing off high into the air!

:rofl: you got me thinking of Scrat from Ice Age!!! That little guy just cracks me up every time i see him!

dawnofthedinosaurs.jpg

B: Squirrels are evil incarnate. I've seen ten feet of unjacketed .500 CATV cable chewed bare through a tree with the center conductor open to the weather and broadcasting CATV signal into the atmosphere. I've had to repair hundreds of squirrel-chewed lines. Squirrels cause more power outages across the US than lightning does. I've had squirrels run at me when I'm trying to hang on to a ladder on a pole. My brother got attacked by one when he was up a ladder, it ran under his arms and down the ladder between his legs!

Sounds like you should befriend them. After all, they are working hard to keep you employed. As for fearing squirrel attacks, well, there you have it...

If you were eating them after you shot them, hey, I'd STFU. Since you are doing it to protect yourself and our country :rolleyes:, I just have to say toughen up a bit, eh??

B

squirrels are part of the rat family...for each human on this planet you can count 7 rats...and they always live nearby humans... so for a city of 12 millions, you would have about 84 millions rats and squirrels... around the world, rat is eatable, and actually tastes good, just like musquash... except you need two of them to make a decent meal...so if you ever end up with food shortage... :tongue:

Edited by Pinip